(A full-time post will be considered depending on ability to offer a second subject) The Convent of Jesus and Mary is a warm and welcoming, successful Catholic 11-18 comprehensive school for girls located in north west London. We are a member of the Diocese of Westminster Academy Trust and work closely with our partner secondary and primary schools across London and neighbouring counties. We are seeking to develop a strong and thriving arts provision within the school. Music, Drama and Art are already well established and from September we will be adding Dance to our KS3 curriculum and to our Performing Arts offer in KS4 and 6th Form. In preparation for this we are building a brand new modern Dance studio complete with sprung floor, wall to wall mirrors, air conditioning, sound system and new changing facilities.
Reporting to the Head of Performing Arts, our new Teacher of Dance will be an energetic, creative and enthusiastic practitioner, able to offer a range of dance styles and to develop a curriculum that engages the girls in traditional, contemporary and modern dance techniques. Our girls are passionate about dance and are looking forward with excitement and anticipation for this subject to be offered in the curriculum.
This is a unique opportunity to shape something very new and exciting from the beginning.
The Convent does not require its staff to be baptised or practising Catholics but does expect that non- Catholic staff respect our faith, prayer life and values and participate in our acts of worship.
Our staff at the Convent enjoy many benefits:
· A warm and friendly, caring and supportive environment where our ethnic diversity is celebrated and valued
· Very well behaved, polite and studious girls, ambitious for their achievement
· Excellent programme of professional development
· Thriving and varied programme of performances and productions
· A close and collegiate professional staff body and complimentary tea and coffee available at all times in the staffroom with special breaktime treats on Fridays
· Staff well-being committee and a leadership team committed to making staff workload and work- life balance a priority.
Details and an application form can be found on our school website: www.cjmlc.co.uk in the Vacancies section. Applications should be emailed to Mrs Julie Lewis, PA to the Headmistress JLewis@cjmlc.co.uk.
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please email Julie Lewis or telephone the school on 020 8965 2986.