A unique opportunity has become available for an ambitious, forward thinking teacher to develop their skills within our growing successful school. Due to our growing reputation, we have rapid growth in student numbers and require an outstanding and dynamic teacher to join our flourishing Performance department and contribute to the development of our innovative curriculum.
Colton Hills Community School is a highly regarded 11-18 community school judged by OFSTED to be a ‘GOOD’ school in May 2015 and following the inspection by Ofsted on 26 September 2018 the inspectors reported that “This school continues to be good.”
The school encompasses a rich and harmonious multicultural community and is committed to the development of all students with the majority staying on in the sixth form.
The EPEW Faculty (Enterprise, Performance Expression and Wellbeing)
This faculty encompasses the subjects of PE, Music, Performing Arts and Art and is a growing area of our curriculum and one we are committed to develop to support our growing number of pupils to further enrich their school experience.
The successful applicant will work within a Performing Arts capacity. Our school has a high quality purpose built dance studio, dedicated drama and music room alongside a purpose built theatre. Students at Colton Hills are eager to learn and you will be joining a talented and committed team of staff who are keen to make improvements across the school. You will have many opportunities to develop your career at Colton Hills Community School through our excellent in house CPD programmes and the opportunities to contribute to the direction of the department.
The person we are looking for should be:
• passionate and enthusiastic about Dance and Performance.
• inspirational, creative and a highly effective teacher
• driven to ensure excellent student progress
• hardworking, an imaginative thinker and have excellent organisational and time management skills
• a team player who wants to work and engage with colleagues at all levels
OFSTED May 2015
• “The quality of teaching is good. Teachers ask searching questions that provide a good level of challenge to all students, including the most able.”
• “Students are currently making good progress in English, mathematics and science.”
• “The sixth form is good and students are achieving improved standards across a wide range of subjects.”
• “Behaviour around the school is of a high standard.”
• “Students demonstrate positive attributes to their learning, show respect for each other and have pride in their school.”
We can offer you:
• Pupils eager for success
• Supportive parents who value education
• Supportive colleagues
• Excellent professional development and guidance
• Major investment in ICT
• Extensive grounds and facilities set in green belt.