Teacher of Design & Technology and Engineering
We welcome applications for this permanent, full-time post - with effect from 1st September 2019.
We have a vacancy for a highly qualified and inspirational teacher of Design & Technology and Engineering, to join this vibrant and exciting department - at the heart of this school.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion and commitment to teaching. It would be an advantage for applicants to have the ability or potential to teach Design & Technology and Engineering across all Key Stages, including Food at KS3.
Are you looking for an extra career opportunity and interested in joining a school:
- That has exceptional young people and hardworking staff committed to going the extra mile
- That has a clear vision and direction
- That is committed to excellent teaching and learning
- That has a well-established culture of hard work and high expectations
- That is extremely popular and over-subscribed
- Which is forward thinking, innovative and creative
- That is at the heart of its community and enjoys excellent links with parents
- That has a 'child centred', progress focussed school ethos
- That believes well-motivated and highly skilled staff are key to a school’s success
- That invests in IT facilities across the curriculum
- That has a highly successful Sixth Form
- That offers an extensive programme of extra-curricular activities
- Where students feel safe and happy
If so, then please consider applying for this challenging and rewarding post.
Our school is also:
- Set in a semi-rural village location
- enjoys excellent travel links (10 minutes walk to the local train station; 7 minutes drive from M1 motorway)
- has local amenities; community spirit; and is in close proximity to the peak district.
Further details and an application form can be found online, via the school’s website www.waleshigh.com.
Deadline for applications is: 9:00 am on Monday 13th May 2019
Interviews have been scheduled for: Monday 20th May 2019
If you would like to discuss the role or arrange a visit, please contact Mrs Daragh Swain, Head of Design & Technology - by email: DS@waleshigh.com
Wales High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Successful candidates will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
WALES HIGH SCHOOL
Tel: 01909 775711
Headteacher: G. Di’Iasio, B.Ed. (Hons)
11-18 Mixed Comprehensive
1760 on roll (Sixth Form 300)