Teacher of Design & Technology
(Any specialism considered)
Additional responsibilities considered for exceptional candidates
Required for January 2018
An exciting opportunity has arisen for teachers new to the profession, or experienced professionals looking for their next career step.
Why choose Hertswood Academy?
- CPD accredited, and an exceptional reputation for professional development
- IIP Status award since 2003
- A brand new, state of the art facility to be completed within the next few years
- A track record of students attaining high achievements and gaining places in university such as Yale and Cambridge
- A positive and thriving sixth form
- Great travel links. Situated within the M25, the A1 and M1 are easily accessible, and St Pancras Station London is only 20 minutes by train
- Teaching, Behaviour and Safety, and Leadership and Management – Good. (Ofsted 2014).
Kate Di Gregorio – teacher of English
The school is an extremely cohesive community in which more experienced colleagues work tirelessly to ensure trainee teachers feel supported, valued and encouraged. Having left Hertswood Academy for six months to work abroad last year, I was delighted to return. It honestly feels like I never left! In my opinion, other schools pale in comparison; I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.
James Blackwell – trained here, ex student
Having been a student at Hertswood Academy and now a teacher here for almost 10 years I have witnessed the incredible journey the school has made. The students achieve more than ever before and I am proud to be part of a very hard working group of staff that is helping the young people from the community I grew up in.
Why would we choose you?
- You are a motivated, engaging, dedicated, and well qualified teacher, with an unswerving devotion to continuously develop and inspire students.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All postholders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check. For Sponsorship Licence compliance, we reserve the right to complete additional checks to evidence right to work in the UK.
We welcome visitors to the school, and visits can be arranged by contacting James Wood, Deputy Headteacher (0208 238 7218). To apply for this post please complete an application form and a letter of application. Further information about the Academy can be found at www.hertswoodacademy.org.
Closing date for applications is 9.00am Friday 13th October 2017