Affordable shared accommodation available from August 2019
At Northolt High School, our vision, mission and values underpin everything that we do. We enable our students to develop strength of character, to be articulate and confident and to secure the best academic outcomes possible. Our school vision is "committed to excellence".
This summarises our core aim of continuous improvement. Our mission statement describes how we work to achieve this core aim - through "seizing opportunity, instilling ambition, realising potential". Join us and you will be welcomed by a hard-working, dedicated staff team who are united in their focus on student achievement.
We’re at an exciting time in our development of our innovative school improvement partnership with Sycol. Through this, all members of staff in the school are part of a high quality leadership development programme. Termly innovation projects involve every member of staff, helping us to quickly and effectively share ideas whilst forging strong partnerships across the staff team. These projects ensure that systematic school improvement is embedded in everything we do.
We are a small school with ambition to grow in size in the coming years, with a new building project on the horizon. We maintain a broad and balanced curriculum offer for all students, however as a small school we are currently not able to offer Design and Technology as a Key Stage Four option subject (there is one remaining Year 11 class next year but no KS4 thereafter).
The bulk of teaching for this position will be Key Stage 3 Design and Technology, with the potential for some Art and/or Photography teaching in addition. You will be a good match for our school if you are an enthusiastic individual who can promote high standards and really engage students with the curriculum offer at Key Stage 3. As part of our new building process, we are promoting our school as a STEAM specialist school (the A is for Art). We passionately feel that a broad curriculum offer is every young person’s
entitlement. If you feel that you have the experience and drive to motivate our students to high standards in Design and Technology and are interested in applying for this post, please contact
Lauren Weeks, PA to the Headteacher, on email@example.com for further details. If you would like to come for a tour of the school before applying, please get in touch with Lauren who will make arrangements for this.
We will be the right school for you if you are committed to:
• Ensure outstanding progress and attainment in KS3 and the remaining KS4 Design and Technology classes;
• Play a full part in termly innovation projects to contribute to the development of schoolwide continuous improvement
• Continue to promote the profile of the Design and Technology team through contributions to the wider life of the school.
We can offer you:
• Great support and training as you develop your career;
• The opportunity to innovate and bring in new ideas to contribute towards improving our school;
• A caring and supportive professional environment, with an early finish every
• Friday to promote a good work / life balance;
• A thoughtful and well-structured school calendar with careful attention paid to balancing teacher workload;
• The opportunity to rent a home at affordable prices for up to two years (we are converting an old Caretaker’s House adjacent to the site to shared accommodation for teaching staff).
The school is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment processes are always robustly followed.
Further information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service/about
A Job Description & Person Specification plus an application form can be found on our website: http://www.northolthigh.org.uk
Please email your application to the Headteacher’s PA at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9am, Monday 20 May 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 22 May 2019
Successful candidates’ appointment will be subject to safer recruitment checks and satisfactory completion of an enhanced DBS check.