The ability to teach Food Preparation & Nutrition to GCSE is desirable but not essential.
Our school is very highly regarded, heavily oversubscribed, has a strong community ethos and enjoys examination results which are well above the national averages.
We are looking for a teacher who is able to motivate and enthuse young people, raising their expectations and accelerating their progress. The successful candidate will teach across all key stages and will join a successful department on an upward trajectory of results. They will work closely with our Curriculum Area Leader for Design & Technology to offer high quality provision to our students. The subject is extremely popular amongst KS3 students and has a healthy uptake at KS4 where both Food Preparation & Nutrition and Product Design are offered. At post-16, A Level Design & Technology is increasing in popularity and BTEC Hospitality and BTEC Engineering are offered as Level 2 qualifications.
- an enthusiastic and passionate teacher of Technology, either experienced or an NQT, to teach across the key stages
- a commitment to high quality planning and creative teaching and learning
- a desire to embrace I.C.T. in the teaching of Technology
- an understanding of the importance of ongoing assessment and feedback to facilitate continuous progress.
We will offer:
- an outstanding opportunity to be part of a new phase in the development of our Design & Technology Department
- a friendly vibrant, orderly, caring school where Design & Technology is a popular subject
- a strong commitment to CPD and a very supportive induction programme
- an enterprising and ‘can do’ ethos where initiative and innovation are warmly embraced
- a school of opportunity where staff are supported and developed.
Applications from non-Catholic teachers who are willing to support the values and ethos of a Catholic school are warmly invited.
Candidates wishing to visit the school are welcome to do so by appointment. An application form for this post can be downloaded from our website and should be returned to the Headteacher, Niamh Arnull, at email@example.com
The closing date is noon on Monday 19 February 2018 and interviews will take place during the following week; however, we reserve the right to interview suitably qualified and talented candidates in advance of the deadline.
This organisation is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and as such all candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.