Would you like to work in a girls’ school that believes that Design Technology is an important part of the curriculum?
If so, this leading selective girls’ state secondary school is seeking to appoint a committed and dynamic teacher of DT with the skills, expertise and passion to inspire and encourage girls to stretch their understanding of DT at every level.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a department where creativity merges with design and engineering to stunning effect. This post would suit someone able to teach Product Design (ideally to KS5), Graphic Products and Resistant Materials to KS4 and all areas at KS3; Textiles and Cooking are also features of our provision.
The department, supported by a technician, has its own suite of rooms consisting of three fully equipped teaching rooms: one graphics and textiles room, which houses a 3D printer, one food room and a multimedia workshop. The curriculum is enriched with visits to exhibitions, visiting speakers, and the running of clubs, competitions and scholarships. The strong work of the department and enthusiasm for the subject has resulted in four Sixth Form students receiving Arkwright Scholarships.
This post would suit a well-qualified new entrant to the profession, or someone who wants to broaden his/her experiences in a high achieving context.
Candidates suitable for the role will:
- be able to teach Graphic Products and Resistant Materials to KS4 and ideally Product Design to KS5
- be an excellent classroom practitioner
- be able to stretch and challenge able students to achieve highly
- have the ability to communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents
We can offer:
- the opportunity to join a highly successful DT department with a wide range of experience and expertise
- a stimulating and creative environment that has the opportunity to develop links with STEM projects
- the support of a dedicated DT technician
- an exceptional CPD provision tailored to your needs, including a well-developed NQT programme
- the opportunity to join a wide range of teacher-led working parties focusing on whole school initiatives and areas of research and development
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6). For further information about our school, please see our website on www.tiffingirls.org
Please apply using the downloadable application form on this page or available on our website or from the school office.
Closing date: 9am on Thursday, 28th September 2017
Interview date: Friday, 6th October 2017
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.