Teacher of Design & Technology – MPS – Permanent - Full Time or Part Time
Required from September 2018
SIR JOHN LEMAN HIGH SCHOOL Ringsfield Road, Beccles, NR34 9PG
School Roll – 1391
We are seeking to recruit talented and ambitious teachers to join our successful 11-18 mixed comprehensive High School where D&T results are consistently high at both KS4 & 5.
What we can offer you:-
• Dynamic, collaborative, friendly and well-resourced department, including appropriate IT facilities and dedicated technicians
• A high level of induction and support for newly appointed colleagues
• A school which is proud of the exceptional progress and achievements of its young people
• A school rated ‘Good’ by OFSTED (Oct 2016), with an impressive rise in attainment in recent years and Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare rated as ‘Outstanding’
• A school committed to the well-being and professional development of its staff.
What you can offer us:-
• Be able / willing to teach Design and Technology across a range of areas at KS3
• Be able to teach and develop Textiles at KS4 & 5
• Be able / willing to deliver D&T based elements of the schools Yr 7 &/or 8 ‘Skills’ curriculum
• Have the capacity to raise achievement through motivating and inspiring students
• Have the experience, track-record and skills for the post applied for
• Be committed to delivering ‘high quality learning experience’
• A team player, who can work both collegiately, collaboratively and independently, on developing a coherent and unified D&T curriculum,
• A pro-active, problem-solving approach, with enthusiasm, resilience and humour.
For further details and an application form please see our website or contact Mr A Sandford on email@example.com.
Applications are to be returned to the Headteacher at the school and can be sent electronically if preferred to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 30th April 2018
Interview Date: Week commencing 8th May 2018