TEACHER OF DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale
Start Date: September 2022
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Resistant Materials specialist to join our Design & Technology Faculty.
Paxman Academy is an over-subscribed, non-selective, co-educational school which benefits from brand new buildings and state-of-the-art facilities. The school enjoys a good reputation locally, with dedicated colleagues and enthusiastic students. Staff hold high expectations for all students and work tirelessly to continue to raise attainment and achievement.
We are looking for a dedicated, caring and hardworking teacher with ambition to support all students to reach their academic and personal potential. We are a STEM school and seek to promote the skills of reasoning, communication and problem solving across the curriculum. Students are offered a variety of enrichment activities including STEM Club and Young Engineers.
Some of your key responsibilities will include
- Plan and deliver high quality, well-structured Design and Technology lessons to pupils at KS3 and KS4 level
- Deliver engaging Design and Technology lessons across a wide range of specialisms
- Maintain an understanding of curriculum developments in the subject
- Contribute to the STEM ethos of the school through extra-curricular opportunities and partnership with local organisations
- Contribute to the pastoral work of the school through the role of form tutor
Ideally you will:
- have experience of teaching Engineering and/or Electronics and are a Resistant Materials specialist
- have excellent subject knowledge and a passion for inspiring future generations
- have excellent teaching and learning practice, planning, delivering and evaluating successful lessons
- have experience of, and commitment to, the education of the whole person promoting social and emotional well-being in addition to academic development
- have high expectations of students and colleagues
Why work for Paxman Academy?
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary
- Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust and return it to email@example.com quoting reference 822. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: 9am, Tuesday 4th January 2022
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Paxman Academy is a newly built, co-educational, fully comprehensive 11-16 academy, which opened its doors in September 2019. In its first two years of opening, the Academy has been a popular choice and is heavily oversubscribed.
The Academy enjoys s...