Teacher of Design & Technology
MPS/UPS (£23,720 - £39,406) Competitive salary for the Berkshire area
Full Time (Permanent)
Required for Easter 2019 (or earlier if available)
Are you a motivated and dynamic teacher of Design & Technology? Would you like to join a school community which values the development of its teachers and invests heavily in CPD? Whether you’re an NQT or a more experienced teacher, our Technology faculty is an excellent place to develop your career.
- an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
- a well-resourced Technology Faculty with purpose-built accommodation, state of the art equipment and IT facilities;
- high quality inset days, Minimum 15% non-contact time, bespoke 3 year induction programme for new teachers & leadership development programmes;
- a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
- rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
- an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into the Technology Faculty and Kennet School please view the attachments on our website labelled:
- ‘What we believe – Letter from the Headteacher’
- ‘Kennet School Benefits – Letter to applicants’
- ‘A Letter from the Head of Faculty’.
We would like you to be:
- able to teach D&T up to GCSE level and preferably Product Design at KS5;
- creative, forward thinking attitude & unapologetically passionate about your subject;
- committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
- willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom;
- hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply: The easiest way to apply is by clicking the ‘Quick Apply’ button. Alternatively you can download our application form from the ‘Vacancies’ section of our website and send your completed document to email@example.com.
The school’s successes are well documented, but we believe that it is most impressive when seen in action. We welcome enquiries and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Mr C Ellison, Deputy Headteacher for more information.
Application Deadline: 10am, 19 November 2018 (we reserve the right to close and shortlist early, therefore early applications are encouraged). Candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after.
Interview Date: 21 November 2018