Inner London Pay Scale – MPS/UPS
Required September 2020 or sooner
Location - E1 0LB, Whitechapel, London Borough of Tower Hamlets
We seek to appoint a Teacher of Design and Technology (Product Design) who has a proven track record. This post would suit both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
As Britain’s first federated school, our campus embraces two schools, Boys’ and Girls’ with a co-ed Sixth Form. We are a World Class School, hold Beacon School status and work in effective partnership with several organisations including City in Excellence in Teaching and East London Teaching School Alliance. With state of the art buildings and facilities and a team of innovative, experienced and dedicated professional staff, Bishop Challoner is an exciting and supportive environment in which to work and develop your career.
This is a fantastic opportunity for exceptional teachers. You do not need to be a practising Catholic to apply.
• The unique opportunity to develop gender-related teaching and learning in a federation of two schools
• A strong commitment to your professional development and career management – excellent CPD opportunities including bespoke individual and team-based training programmes across all levels
• Support with post-graduate courses of study, including Masters Degrees
• Outstanding support from faculty teams and a designated mentor
• Opportunities to be involved with action-based research on topics that match your pedagogical interests
• Supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
• A positive and stimulating school environment which values the contribution of all staff
Technology is a very popular subject at Bishop Challoner. Working with a team of passionate and dedicated practitioners, you will join a highly successful department and contribute to its development by offering an innovative and thought-provoking curriculum and an engaging learning environment.
We are looking for professionals with:
• A track record of successful student outcomes across the Key Stages
• High expectations of pupil attainment and behaviour
• Passion for providing an extensive amount of extra-curricular opportunities for our young people
• The willingness to support our Catholic Ethos
If you have the passion and drive to contribute to the future development of Design and Technology Faculty at Bishop Challoner, we look forward to hearing from you.
How to Apply:
Your application is a direct permanent application to Bishop Challoner.
To apply please email your CV or request an application form from Ellie Field at email@example.com, or you can contact Ellie on 02072598770 for further information. Your application is a direct permanent application to our school, Hays is our recruitment partner for all permanent appointments.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Thursday 23rd January 2020
You can also visit www.bishopchallonerfederation.towerhamlets.sch.uk for more information.
Our federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ellie Field c/o Bishop Challoner Catholic Federation of Schools
352 Commercial Road, London, E1 0LB
T: 020 7259 8770