University Academy of Engineering South Bank is looking to appoint an ambitious and driven Teacher of Design Technology and Engineering to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity allowing you to be at the heart of shaping the future success of the Academy.
University Academy of Engineering South Bank is a rapidly growing, mixed 11 - 16 academy located in the London Borough of Southwark within walking distance of London South Bank University and in the heart of London. The Academy opened in September 2014 and is the first academy in Southwark to be sponsored by a University; the Academy has the STEAM subjects Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths and creativity as the focus of the curriculum.
We are looking to appoint someone who:
· Expert classroom Management
· Is a hardworking, organised and diligent individual who can create and follow effective processes and procedures
· Will be a dynamic and ambitious person with a desire to be part of our new way of educating young people and will lead by example
· Has a positive attitude, who will work collaboratively with all stakeholders across the Academy
· Is committed to excellence and a desire to improve and develop their skills
· A strong professional development programme.
· Opportunities to create your own future within a dynamic and evolving new academy.
· A staff team who are very supportive towards one another with great camaraderie existing throughout the Academy.
· The chance to be part of a unique education model recognised and of great interest to DfE.