Appleton Academy is an all through learning environment for pupils aged 3 to 19 and our building provides a wonderful environment for lifelong learning, in South Bradford.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, dedicated and passionate teacher who shows the potential to be outstanding to teach Design & Technology principally in KS3 and KS4 with the opportunity to contribute to the teaching of younger learners across the academy. You should be experienced in teaching Food / Textiles. The successful candidate will have the potential to teach A level courses. This post is a 1 a year fixed term contract and will be full time. We welcome applications from both experienced and newly qualifying teachers.
The successful applicant will:
• Have Qualified Teacher Status
• Have knowledge and experience of the Design & Technology National Curriculum GCSE Design & Technology syllabus
• Be a consistently good to outstanding practitioner or an NQT aspiring to be good to outstanding
• Be willing to take part in and lead extracurricular activities
We can offer:
• A committed staff team
• Opportunities for innovative ways of working
• Excellent CPD
• An opportunity to build and further develop good practice
• High quality professional development opportunities
In September 2017 we joined the Exceed Academies Trust. The Trust recognises its moral purpose to support schools and academies across the city and the region and this has underpinned the accreditation and development of two Teaching Schools that jointly lead the alliance of partner schools and academies.
If you feel you are up to the challenges ahead and would like to share in our continued success, then please contact our recruitment partner Paula Read at Hays Education for an application pack and further details. Telephone 0113 200 3710 or email email@example.com
The closing date for completed applications is 9am on Monday 24th June
Interviews to be held during the same week
Appleton Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check