A culture of safeguarding permeates the work of the school. Pupils feel safe and greatly appreciate the consistent care and support provided by school leaders, teachers and other adults’ Ofsted 2016
Tamworth Enterprise College (TEC) based in Staffordshire, is a forward thinking and established community driven school that is within easy commuting distance of Birmingham and Derby. We are proud to be part of Academies Enterprise Trust network of schools and serve the communities within Tamworth.
As a school we have been on a trajectory of improvement over the last 3 years and we are delighted to have secured the best GCSE results in our history in 2016. Our students are at the heart of everything we do, and we secured a ‘good’ judgement from Ofsted in 2016 for personal development, behaviour and welfare.
As a result of unavoidable staff absence we need to appoint either a Food or Construction specialist to join our DT department.
This is initially a fixed term contract until 31 August 2018. As the post is to start as soon as possible early application is advised.
We are a developing department and we can offer:
- Partnership with a lead teacher – for weekly mentor meetings with NQT’s and peer coaching with more experienced staff adapting to joining Tamworth Enterprise College
- Our students are our priority in Design Technology; this is shown through having a tailored enrichment programme, wide ranging revision and support programmes including paid holiday revision sessions which we volunteer for.
- The CPD at TEC is excellent, there is a wide range of personalised opportunities to develop your practice and further develop your career. As a team we support and challenge each other through meetings, peer observation, mentoring and team planning.
- Opportunities to join a career development programme in line with your professional development – ie Ambition School Leadership, SSAT, NLE.
- As a team we pride ourselves on our team spirit, we regularly share good practice and collaboratively plan lessons.
We are looking for a Teacher of Design Technology who really cares about helping our students succeed and who:
- Is passionate about DT and has a creative and flexible approach to teaching both at KS3 and KS4.
- Can teach Food Technology and/or construction up to KS4.
- Has a sense of teamwork and is willing to contribute positively to an enthusiastic and forward-thinking department.
- Will support, challenge and engage a diverse cohort of students, enriching their learning experience, maximising their potential and raising attainment.
In joining TEC you can expect a supportive culture within an Academy with very high aspirations, moving forward at pace. If you believe that instilling enterprise and ambition can transform the lives of young people then we would love to hear from you.
. If you would like to visit or require further information please email Jayne Hirst at email@example.com
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme and childcare vouchers.
This post is required to start as soon as possible.
Closing date: Friday 19 January 2018
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
For further information on this position and to make an application please CLICK APPLY on the TES advert.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/a/aetinet.org/aetwebsite/our-teaching-school/initial-teacher-training for further details.