Teacher of Design Technology.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive independent special schooling Heathfield, Devon to add a Teacher of Design Technology to its progressive and supportive team ideally starting ASAP.
The role will include teaching and coordinating the delivery of Design Technology to all age groups from ages 8 - 18. You will support the team to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
"This School is situated in a peaceful woodland setting near Newton Abbot in Devon. Their school facilities are complemented by our nearby care farm, where they offer animal care, horticulture and a wide range of outdoor educational activities alongside academic and vocational programmes.
They are committed to providing the best education for young people with complex needs, offering a unique tailored programme for every child, combining a therapeutic approach, outdoor learning and individual academic and vocational programmes to suit each young person. Everything they do is based on thoroughly understanding the needs of their students and how they can best support them in achieving positive outcomes."
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/EQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Design Technology Degree or a related subject
• experience in delivering Design Technology up to A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• whilst previous experience of working in an SEN environment would be desirable, excellent teaching skills and the right motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important.
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1526243 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher/leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email email@example.com for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1526243 in the email subject line.
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...