TEACHER FOR DESIGN TECHNOLOGY/ ICT
(Product Design/ Resistant Materials & ICT)
Full time as soon as possible
Maternity Cover Fixed term until end of Summer 2018.
We are seeking to appoint a motivated and enthusiastic Teacher for Design Technology/ICT, you will teach across a range of technology disciplines from KS3 to KS5 including modern materials.
Our new building provides excellent up to date facilities for Technology/ICT, within an inspiring environment for learning.
We are looking for professionals with:
• Evidence of excellent classroom practice
• High expectations of students’ attainment and behaviour
• Good organisation and communication skills
• Confident at delivering product design, resistant materials electronics and ICT at KS3 and KS4.
• Enthusiastic and experienced in incorporating new technologies and smart materials, including CAD/CAM into the curriculum to enhance students’ learning and outcomes.
• Excellent facilities and a positive working environment
• Positive support for career development We would welcome applications from newly qualified teachers or experienced teachers who wish to take advantage of a new challenge.
Closing date: Friday 24th November 2017
Shenley Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.