Teacher of Design Technology - Beal High School (part of Beacon Multi Academy Trust)
MPS1 - UPS3
(Dependent on experience)
TLR available for suitable candidate
Required: January 2020
This is an outstanding school. “Exemplary behaviour, mutual respect and a highly inclusive culture are key contributory factors’ (Ofsted 2012)
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Teacher of English who is ambitious and have a real passion for their subject.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment. The below documents must be read prior to applying for this role and will be factored into interviews:
Keeping Children Safe in Education
BMAT – Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
An Enhanced DBS (with list checks) is required for this post.
Further information and an application form can be found at http://nelta.co.uk/vacancies/
Please forward your electronic applications to email@example.com
Please note we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers, therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.
This Recruitment pack should be read alongside the range of professional duties of teachers as set out in the contract of employment, Teachers’ Standards and BMAT policies and procedures.
Teachers make the education of their students their first concern, and are accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct. Teachers act with honesty and integrity; have strong subject knowledge, keep their knowledge and skills as teachers up-to-date and are self-critical; forge positive professional relationships; and work with parents in the best interests of their students.
Teachers must meet all of the requirements in the Teachers Standards.
1. A teacher must set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
2. Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils
3. Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
4. Plan and teach well-structured lessons
5. Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils
6. Make accurate and productive use of assessment
7. Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
8. Fulfil wider professional responsibilities
9. Teachers uphold public trust in the profession and maintain high standards of ethics and behaviour, within and outside school
10. Teachers must have proper and professional regard for the ethos, policies and practices of the school in which they teach, and maintain high standards in their own attendance and punctuality.
11. Teachers must have an understanding of, and always act within, the statutory frameworks which set out their professional duties and responsibilities.
Other duties and responsibilities:
The above mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be called upon to carry out such other duties as may be required by the Performance Manager that are broadly within the level of the post.