Plumstead Manor is a thriving girls’ school, dedicated to promoting success and harmony and nurturing young minds. Equality and justice are our priority and our goal is to offer a world-class education to all our pupils, in which we release their full potential so that they can go on to change the world for the better. We firmly believe that high quality teaching, in a safe and friendly environment are vital to helping all of our young people succeed. We want them to leave us equipped with the powerful knowledge and skills that will help them compete for the most competitive courses, and the most sought after jobs.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and well qualified teacher to join our dynamic and vibrant Design Technology department. We are seeking an outstanding practitioner with an expertise or specialism in Food Technology, who has the ability to teach one or more of the other Technology disciplines; we currently offer Product Design, Textiles, and Food Technology, but are open to expanding this offer.
You should be able to facilitate and encourage inspirational learning experiences in Design Technology, with a focus on continuing to raise standards and further developing the quality of teaching and learning within the department. The department prides itself on cultivating a lifelong love of design and the use of technology, educating young people to be brilliant designers and engineers, by providing them with the chance to master powerful knowledge and concepts, under the guidance of experts in their field.
- are committed to enabling every student to achieve the very best they can
- can raise attainment through outstanding teaching and the promotion of a culture of high expectations
- have a passion for design technology
- have the ability to lead and maintain good discipline and standards of behaviour
- have the skills to lead, manage and enthuse a team of staff
- are committed to your own professional development
We can offer you:
- students who are well-behaved, dynamic and enthusiastic
- the opportunity to be part of a strong and supportive team
- high quality professional development & guidance
- a whole school commitment to excellence and justice, in a successful and harmonious community
To apply, please visit www.plumsteadmanor.com and apply online. Alternatively, contact the HR Team on 020 3260 3123 or email: email@example.com quoting ref: Ref 652/DT Teacher.
Closing date: Friday 13th October at noon
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. References will automatically be requested for all shortlisted applicants prior to interview. The successful applicant will be required to be DBS checked prior to taking up post.