Teacher of Design Technology
MPS or UPS
We seek an excellent Teacher of DT to start with us after Easter 2020 (or in September 2020 for an exceptional candidate who is worth waiting for).
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious practitioner, who wants to make a real impact on further driving up attainment and progress and giving our students great learning experiences in a practical subject.
You will have the opportunity to work with specialist teachers in other schools as part of our Trust’s Teaching School Alliance.
Our campus is unique. We have two distinct schools and a cross campus sixth form which is in the top 25% of all schools in the country for progress. It is a team and a family of people who are all working together to achieve our mission of preparing our pupils for success in high quality apprenticeships or a place in university. We believe in a set of recognisable and traditional values: honesty; kindness to all others; respect for all; hard work and persistence.
With a clear focus on both the self-worth of students and excellent outcomes, you will work within a positive team to further drive up attainment, progress and standards at GCSE and A level, as well as developing our students’ love of learning and enhancement of their ‘cultural capital’.
What we can offer you:
- Support and line management from the highly experienced and skilled Head of Faculty and Head of College
- A dedicated DT and engineering technician who comes with an impressive CV working for Aston Martin
- Well resourced workshops with a range of machinery
- Great students who behave excellently – you can make a massive difference to them
- Clear behaviour systems
- Centralised homework detentions (you do not need to organise/run/chase them at all) and a robust internal exclusion system
- A feedback policy focused on closing the gap– we do not have onerous/impossible marking policies
- A centralised homework system at KS3 – you do not need to check/mark KS3 homework
- No formal graded lesson observations – just ongoing ‘no-stakes’ feedback, helping you to continuously develop
- Collaborative planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources
- CPD that starts as soon as you are appointed, with a clear induction programme
- A beautiful campus situated on the very edge of the Cotswolds, only half an hour from Oxford and an hour from London by train
The successful candidate will be:
- an excellent teacher of DT, who has a clear love for the subject and values its place in the 21st century curriculum
- someone who is willing to go the extra mile and do whatever it takes to ensure the life chances and ‘cultural capital’ of all our pupils are maximised
- totally aligned to our values and mission. If you are the type of person who fits with our culture, you will love working here
We would be delighted to show you around our Academy in order to fully appreciate our excellent learning environment. We strongly advise a visit as this Campus is unique in many ways.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01295 251451 to arrange a visit or an informal, confidential discussion about the role.
Deadline for applications 9 a.m. Friday 24th January 2020
Interviews to likely to take place during w/b 27th January 2020
Learn more about Banbury Aspirations Campus at: https://wykhampark-aspirations.org/ and http://www.spacestudiobanbury. org/
Both Wykham Park Academy and Space Studio Banbury are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check before taking up the post.