Kantor King Solomon High School is a culturally diverse and welcoming school on the East London/Essex border. We have been judged as Good by OFSTED and regularly achieves 80% 5A*-C at GCSE. The school has a strong religious ethos but is equally welcoming to people of all faiths and of none.
We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher to join our Business Technology Department. This is a new department, grouping together Design & Technology, Computing, Business and Economics and Media and looking to share ideas between all areas.
In particular we are looking for a teacher with an interest in systems and control to take forward that area of the curriculum. This is an exciting time to join the school as we establish ourselves as a forward-looking modern technology department. Support and training will be available in any new or unfamiliar technologies and this position would be ideal for an NQT.
What we can offer :
- Working in a large department of 10 teachers and 2 technicians
- Well-equipped specialist rooms and class suites of PCs
- Picaxe equipment, Raspberry Pi, BBC MicroBits, 3D Printer, Laser cutter
- A dedicated Systems and Control room
- KS3-KS5 classes, Technical level and GCSE
- Excellent support and CPD opportunities
What you can offer:
- Ability to teach across all key stages
- Knowledge of resistant materials, electronics and systems & control
- Creativity with lesson plans
- Sharing best practice and teaching methods with department
Reasons to work at Kantor King Solomon High School:
- KKS has a fantastic personal development programme for teachers at all levels. All our training is tailored to individual needs and not just a ‘one size fits all’ model.
- KKS culture is supportive, friendly and we encourage staff at all levels to share good practice and ideas. We strongly believe that teachers really can make a difference to our students’ lives.
- Our students want to learn and be part of a community they take great pride in. Behaviour is good and there are robust strategies in place to enable new teachers to establish themselves in the school.
- Our school is a diverse and vibrant place where students respect and celebrate each other’s differences. As a teacher, you will have the opportunity to join them in this enriching environment.
- We have an ambitious sixth form and encourage our staff to teach to A-level.
Please click on the ‘apply’ button below to complete the application form for this role. To find out why we’re so proud of our School, visit our website now: www.kshsonline.com or check us out on Twitter @kingsolomonhigh
Kantor King Solomon High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers must share this commitment.