Teacher of Design and Technology with Engineering
January start 2022
Supply rate (£95 - £140 per day)
Pay - dependent on experience
Vision for Education are working with a popular Secondary school in Salford area who are looking for a Food Technology Teacher to start in January. One of our excellent partner schools in Salford is looking for a committed and motivated teacher of Design and Technology with Engineering. The school is continually striving for excellence and raising standards through quality teaching. This school has recently been recognised as an outstanding school. The role is to start in January and will involve teaching Design and Technology with Engineering at Key Stage 3(KS3), Key Stage 4 (KS4) and Key Stage 5(KS5).
The Design and Technology department is hugely supportive and welcoming, and the curriculum follows the principles of understanding aesthetics, social and environmental issues, function, and industrial practices.
You will be required to teach:
• Key Stage 3 resistant materials (including practical)
• Key Stage 4 Engineering and Design
• General Design and Technology with Engineering
To be considered for the Design and Technology Teaching position, you will:
• Be a passionate and innovative Teacher of D&T with KS3 and KS4 experience
• Hold UK Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or QTLS
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of secondary teachers who put children at the heart of everything they do
• Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
• Have high expectations of students and staff alike
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education:
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply:
If you are a Teacher of Design and Technology with Engineering who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education Manchester, please contact our Secondary team on 0161 273 7111.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.