(* There may be possibility for a later start in exceptional circumstances to attract outstanding teachers for the upcoming academic year.)
Fixed Term (2 years in the first instance with renewal option thereafter)
The British Experimental Academy of Pingxiang is the international division of Pingxiang Experimental School, an independent school situated in Jiangxi Province of China. Pingxiang Experimental School was founded in 2003, and it now has 4 campuses with a total number of 13,980 students (aged 3-18), 700 teachers and 520 support staff. As the international division, The British Experimental Academy of Pingxiang was established in 2015 and it now has a total number of 300 students and 67 teachers, covering four phases including preschool (ages 3-5), primary (age 6-12), junior secondary (age 12-15) and senior secondary (age 15-18). Its intake is mainly local Chinese students and we offer them a bilingual education system based on the very best of both the Chinese and English education systems. Students in Grades 1-8 study the compulsory Chinese national curriculum subjects as well as subjects with British school curriculum features. Students in Grades 9-12 study GCSE and A-level subjects, and the school is also an accredited centre for Cambridge International Examinations, AQA, Edexcel. The school is working with Essex Education Services in the UK to draw on the best practices and resources from the UK. We provide a good environment for personalised learning with small class teaching and self-challenging courses. We emphasize on holistic education and students’ physical, mental and emotional wellbeing. The school operates a House System so that students of different grades and ages can learn to connect and help each other. We provide a wide variety of clubs and opportunities for international study visits.
The British Experimental Academy of Pingxiang is situated on a new campus built in 2015 covering 99000 square meters of land and 65000 square meters of building area. All classrooms and dormitories are elevator accessible and equipped with state of the art facilities. It also has 600 seat concert hall, 600 square meter English language centre, 120 square meter cafe, football pitches, baseball, tennis and basketball courts, golf practice area, 1200 meter bicycle lanes, heated indoor swimming pool, 2200 square meter indoor stadium, 600 square meter gym, 400 meter standard track sports field etc. There will be another brand new teaching building dedicated to the international division ready for September 2018. The school also has a dedicated living area for international teachers with western style apartments so the teachers can comfortably enjoy free accommodation, food and facilities on campus as well as many other benefits provided by the school.
Quote from Vanessa Darley, our Art Teacher from the UK: “I am in my 3rd year of working at Pingxiang Experimental British Academy. The school is progressive and is always moving forwards trying to better itself. It is a very supportive school and the teachers here are very friendly and helpful. The students are keen to learn and I have never seen students get so excited about turning up to my lessons before. I have seen lots of changes in Pingxiang since I arrived. It is a developing city and a friendly one. It has cinemas, shopping mall/walking street and very good food everywhere. It is also very easy to travel China from here with its high speed railway and from the airport in Changsha it’s easy to fly internationally.”
Quote from Gerry Doyle, our English & Drama Teacher from the UK: “This is my first year in the school. I have been here since August 2017. The school itself is on a large campus with lots of facilities. Presently a new building is being completed for the International school. Moving to a new country can always have its challenges and it does take a little time to adapt to the different culture and methods of the Chinese school system. The students in general are very friendly and motivated. They always say hello and are warm and welcoming. Here you may teach a wide age range which can be challenging but is also diverse and rewarding. My colleagues in the Primary and Junior Schools have been extremely helpful, friendly and encouraging. Pingxiang is a small city by China’s standards but it is easy to navigate around once you get settled. The people here are very friendly and helpful. I live on campus. My apartment is comfortable and has most of the facilities one would need. There is also an extra communal kitchen, dining area and laundry room.”
Quote from Hari Hayre, our PE Teacher from the UK: “7 months I have worked here. School is friendly and being developed further with new building opening sept 2018. Friendly students and colleagues. Pingxiang life is quiet but half hour away by train is a main city for parties, shopping etc and everywhere in China and Asia is easily reachable by either train or plane. Living condition is currently a studio flat but is also being improved in 2019.”
We are looking for more international teachers to join our dynamic and friendly staff team who are passionate to deliver high quality education to our motivated students. The successful candidates will be rewarded with a comprehensive remuneration package and invaluable opportunities for personal and professional development and fulfilment.
A comprehensive remuneration package for international teacher, to include:
- Salary: competitive salaries paid in local Chinese currency RMB and are subject to Chinese income tax. The school will offer gross annual salary in the range of 260,000 RMB – 360,000 RMB, and there is possibility to offer higher salary in exceptional circumstances to attract outstanding teachers. The school will take into consideration the candidate’s work experience, qualifications and professional achievements.
- Gratuity: one month salary bonus before tax will be awarded upon successful completion of the initial two-year contract; staff renewing contract for the third year or more receive an extra one month salary per year.
- Free accommodation and food (weekly basic food delivered to kitchen) on campus for the teacher. The school has a comfortable living area dedicated to international teachers with western style apartments.
- Medical: commercial health insurance cover arranged and paid for the teacher, according to “Foreign Experts Medicare Scheme” under the Pingxiang City Bureau of Foreign Experts Affairs.
- Visa, work permit and resident permit arranged and paid. Staff will be working in a fully legal and secure framework. The school will reimburse work permit and visa related costs (police check, health check, legalisation of documents required, visa application) when the teacher arrive at the post (receipts needed for reimbursement).
- Flights: one annual return international flight and airport transport to home residence for the teacher (receipts needed for reimbursement).
- Arriving at the post: the school will book your flight to China, arrange arrival airport pickup and welcome.
- Relocation allowance: 5000 RMB allowance before tax each way at the start and end of employment to help towards excess baggage.
- Training: induction and in-service training including free Mandarin Chinese lessons.
- Holiday: You are entitled to paid school holidays, Chinese public holidays and 7 fixed days over the Christmas period.
- Chinese culture sightseeing allowance: 5000RMB after tax at the beginning of each school year.
- Tuition waiver at the school for eligible dependent children. Job opportunities for eligible dependent spouse.
General requirements of applicants:
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and teaching qualification (e.g. QTS) or Education Degree from a recognised institution;
A minimum of two years teaching experience in the relevant subject (will require proof of work from previous employer);
Fluent English speaking teacher (from major English speaking countries is preferred) with excellent communication skills, and the flexibility to work with EFL learners;
Successful experience of teaching the English National Curriculum; the role will be to teach the listed subject based on the English National Curriculum, and make suitable modifications to meet the needs of Chinese students;
Successful candidate would be expected to teach across the full age ranges; experience of teaching in both primary and secondary settings are desirable;
Strong classroom and behavioural management skills and be able to teach mixed-ability classes;
Display the highest standards of professionalism and demonstrate excellence in the classroom, a passion for maximising students’ learning and skills development, a commitment to taking a full and active role in the school;
Good organisation skills; has had some or aspire for managerial experience;
Mature, adaptable and resilient; good health and energetic;
Open-minded and able to work collaboratively as a team player in an international setting; experience of working in an international setting or travelling within different cultures is preferable;
Hold a current DBS enhanced disclosure or equivalent criminal record check clearance from your country of nationality or your current country of residence (a minimum of 1 year regular stay); please note if you have lived in other countries in the last 5 years, we will also check your previous certificate of good conduct from those countries; no harmful habits;
Compliance with visa requirements for working in China (please note the age limit for China work visa is 60);
How to apply for a job at school:
Please obtain and complete an application form and send together with your CV by email and direct any enquires to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms will be considered upon receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview either online or face-to-face (which can take place in Chelmsford UK or Pingxiang China.
To help us make a fair and balanced assessment of you as a candidate, please provide us with all the information needed. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to an interview, satisfactory references, background and criminal record checks, and other necessary pre-employment checks including medical as part of China work visa requirement.
Closing date: this job posting is valid till the vacancy is filled.
School website: www.beapx.net
China based telephone for job enquires: 0086 13979990433 UK based telephone for job enquires: 0044 (0)3330130783
School promotional videos: