TEACHER OF DRAMA (SECONDARY)
January 2018 Fixed term contract (1 or 2 Terms)
MPS incorporating Inner London Allowance
Roll 1800 (Oversubscribed
Excellent opportunity for an inspirational teacher, in a successful, well ordered, and inclusive 3-19 all through school. We are at the heart of an ethnically diverse community in London East, an area undergoing significant regeneration and building affordable homes. We have just celebrated record-breaking public examination results in 2017 with many pupils achieving top grades at both GCSE and A level.
We foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals are empowered to produce their best work in brand new purpose built accommodation.
The school is located less than 10 minutes’ walk from Barking tube and mainline station (25 minutes from Liverpool Street station) and is easily accessible by road.
We are seeking a well-qualified and ambitious professional who is motivated to make a difference to the life chances of young people. The post would suit a team player who is committed to the happiness, well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school. The ability to teach Drama to A level or in our primary phase would be an advantage but is not essential.
We have the highest expectations of everyone and can offer
• Highly aspirational pupils who are eager to learn
• A highly supportive school in which teaching and learning is the key priority, and staff are provided with the time and coaching needed to be successful.
• Career development (Leadership / Lead practitioner training for exceptional candidates after 2 years in post)
• Access to the LBBD affordable quality housing scheme.
• Visit and tour of school prior to final application
• Lead practitioner available for suitably qualified candidates
For full details of the post and an application form please visit the school website www.eastbury.bardaglea.org.uk and return the application form to the Headteacher’s PA, Karen Dunnell firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 8am on Friday 8 December 2017 (interviews 14/15 December).
Eastbury School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks including enhanced DBS checks. CVs are not acceptable and will not be considered