Teacher of Drama
(0.8 may be available)
Required for September 2019
Holyhead is special because….
Holyhead School is a heavily over-subscribed, 11-19 Academy in Handsworth with over 1300 students on roll. The school was designated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted following a successful inspection in December 2013, April 2015 and December 2017. Inspectors highlighted a number of key reasons for the school’s success, including:
● Teachers have high expectations of all students, regardless of their ability
● Relationships are excellent and are built on respect and trust
● Students from many different backgrounds and cultures get on very well together
● Staff morale is high
● GCSE results across a range of subjects are significantly better than those of similar schools, representing outstanding progress
● Students’ achievement in the Sixth Form is outstanding
We are looking for….
● An energetic and enthusiastic teacher of Drama aspiring to Middle Leadership with experience of teaching Drama at Key Stage 3,4 and 5
● An outstanding practitioner with a track record of success
● A dedicated professional with a commitment to extracurricular activities that add value for students
We can offer….
● Excellent students and staff who will enthuse and inspire the successful candidate
● The opportunity to progress to Middle Leadership with a bespoke CPD programme
● The opportunity to be part of a highly innovative and successful faculty
● A friendly and supportive working environment committed to Staff Wellbeing
The Drama curriculum area at Holyhead has an outstanding track record. It is now part of our new Creative Arts Faculty. We are looking for a creative individual to join a new team. If you have the necessary energy, enthusiasm and sense of humour to join us as we move forward in this exciting curriculum area then please contact Mr Y Idris, HR Manager on email@example.com and ask for an application pack. Alternatively, the information can be downloaded from our website. Informal enquiries are most welcome.
Please note applications only accepted on the official Holyhead School job application form.
Holyhead School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
Closing date: 12 Noon on Thursday 20th June 2019
Interviews to be held on week commencing 24th June 2019