From August 2020, the school wishes to appoint an outstanding teacher of Drama to join our forward looking arts faculty within our Secondary School.
A Drama specialist, able to teach KS3 and IGCSE Drama and who would be able to offer a second subject. You will challenge your students to set ambitious targets for themselves and seek out and implement innovative teaching practices to enhance the student experience and outcomes.
Drama is a growing subject within the arts faculty and is highly valued by the school with a growing number of students taking arts subjects. We are looking for a truly outstanding teacher who is a team player and will support the progress of students and extend and inspire students.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold at least a good honours degree;
- Have a recognised teaching qualification (e.g. PGCE or PGCEi);
- Have experience and excellent knowledge of teaching in Key Stage 3;
- Have experience and excellent knowledge of teaching IGCSE Drama;
- Have experience working with students for whom English is not their first language;
- Have a minimum of 2 years of teaching experience;
- Be willing to participate in educational visits;
- Be asked to run one after school activity each term;
- Have a positive and solution finding approach to their working life;
- Appreciate the joys and challenges of working in an international school environment.
Candidates with experience of teaching in an international secondary school are especially welcome. Experience of working at a CIS member / accredited school would be an added advantage but is not essential.
Desirable Personal Qualities
The ability to develop strong relationships with their students;
- A patient, caring and kind personality;
- Knowledgeable of Learners;
- A dedication to teaching;
- Able to engage all students with their learning;
- A strong communicator;
- A good listener;
- A team player;
- Be adaptable to change;
- Value real-world learning.
If you would like to be considered for this post, please apply by completing the application process listed on our school's webpage:
Closing date: Friday, 21st February 2020
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest and for taking the time to apply; however please note that only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted. Early applications are encouraged as interviews will take place on a rolling basis as soon as suitable candidates are identified.
Successful appointments will be subject to satisfactory references and verification of qualifications. The Myanmar International School of Yangon is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with previous employers and national/international disclosure services.