RDFZ King’s College School has been formed through partnership between the prestigious King’s College School, Wimbledon, the highly successful Chinese education group, Dipont Education and The High School Affiliated to Renmin University (RDFZ), one of China’s leading schools. Opened in September 2018, RDFZ King’s currently has almost 1500 students on roll and will grow to serve over 3,000 students from 3 to 18 years of age.
About the School
RDFZ King’s represents a new standard of bilingual education in China. It provides for both local and international students via an innovative model that combines Chinese and western approaches to learning and academic excellence, in the context of first-rate pastoral support and opportunities to excel outside the classroom. Our goal is to graduate confident, articulate young people with a broad set of life skills who will go on to attend universities across the world.
The facilities at RDFZ King's College Hangzhou are outstanding and our world-class campus includes wonderful teaching and recreational spaces, numerous and well-equipped laboratories, 800-seat theatre, a 50-metre swimming pool and excellent sports facilities. The school is located on an idyllic lakeside site in the Yuhang District of Hangzhou.
Hangzhou, with a population of over 9 million people, is the capital of Zhejiang Province and an important city in China, recognised for its history, prosperity and beautiful natural scenery. It is also the designated city for the development of education and technology in China. Shanghai can be accessed within one hour by high-speed train.
Yuhang District has experienced significant growth and development and is home to the technology giant Alibaba and more than 10,000 high-tech businesses, hotels, shops and restaurants.
About the Role
A new member of the department is required for August 2021 to support whole school drama. A strong curriculum offering is complemented by our extensive house and co-curricular programme, requiring coordination with other staff supporting the drama programme. Drama plays a major part in school life with an annual school musical, drama competitions through the house system and many performance evenings.
The successful candidate will need to be an excellent teacher with the desire and ability to teach IGCSE Drama, support dramatic activities across the school and the drama co-curricular programme. Campus facilities are outstanding and include a black box theatre, several drama studios, an auditorium seating 800 people and international theatre. There are full lighting and sound systems in theatre spaces and a full-sized LCD cinematic screen in the main theatre in addition to green rooms and costume spaces. This is an extremely exciting role for a talented and enthusiastic practitioner.
Applications are invited from candidates with:
• Excellent classroom practice in the teaching of drama
• The ability to work collaboratively and contribute to the development of an outstanding school
This exciting and challenging role commands a very attractive salary and benefits package. In addition to a highly competitive salary, benefits include: high quality housing, bonus scheme, annual return airfare and medical insurance for employee plus dependents. Full tuition support will be provided for a successful applicant with school age children. The position will be offered on an initial three-year contract term with the opportunity to renew thereafter.
To submit an application, please visit
Early application preferred. For further information or informal discussion, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
School website: http://www.rkcshz.cn
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- Bachelors with Teaching Qualification or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Medical check, Criminal background check
- Below 57 years of age
RDFZ King's College School Hangzhou
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
The campus consists of:
- A pre-school for pupils aged 3 to 6 years catering for Chinese and expatriate children, offering a bilingual programme based on international and Chinese curricula.
- A Chinese elementary and junior high school ...