The main role of the teacher is to maximise student learning and development through the planning, preparation and teaching of the curriculum to meet students’ individual learning needs and achieve specific student outcomes. The teacher teaches a range of student abilities and classes and are accountable for the effective delivery of their curriculum. The classroom teacher engages in critical reflection in order to improve their knowledge and skills to better engage students and improve their learning.
The teacher assumes roles beyond the classroom in endeavouring to maximise students’ learning. These roles include working collaboratively with colleagues and other members of the school community, and communicating with parents and care-givers.
The teacher’s contribution to the school goes beyond the classroom. S/he participates in the development of the school policies and programmes and assist in the implementation of school priorities. All teachers may be required to undertake other duties in addition to their teaching duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education with focus in Drama; or Bachelor’s Degree in Drama with PGCE or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ classroom teaching experience in a mainstream school
- High proficiency of English
- An understanding of the IB and the key underpinnings of the curriculum frameworks is essentialStrong problem solving, planning, organising and communication skills
- Always pursue high work standards and quality orientation
- Strong sense of creativity, innovation and taking initiative
Applicants must register through our recruitment website provided with the following information:
• Academic information
• Employment information
• Contact details
• Safeguarding statement
• Job references
• Upload of CV
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend face-to-face and/or skype interview with our recruitment team.
Candidates are requested provide three referees for pre-employment reference check from current and previous employers. The referees must be the Principal, Head of school or the direct supervisor from the school management team.
ISA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate background check.