This leading selective girls’ state secondary school is seeking a part-time (0.6) teacher of Drama with the skills, expertise and passion to inspire and encourage girls who are motivated, ambitious, articulate and fully engaged with the world around them.
We greatly value the role that Drama plays in the curricular and extra-curricular life of the school and we celebrate the powerful impact of the performing arts on a young person’s intellectual and emotional development.
There is an extensive range of performances throughout the year for our students across all Key Stages which allows for many of the students to become involved in the whole process of theatre production. You will therefore need to be willing to think creatively in order to ensure that the students are actively developing the many skills that opportunities in Drama can offer and can see its value beyond the classroom.
This post would suit a well-qualified new entrant to the profession, or someone who wants to broaden his/her experiences in an exciting, high achieving context, teaching highly able and motivated students.
To be successful, you will need to:
- be an excellent classroom practitioner who is prepared to be innovative in their teaching and be confident in teaching Drama across all Key Stages
- be an active dramatist who is enthused by both the curricular and extra-curricular provision
- provide extensive opportunities outside of the classroom that inspire and engage
- have the ability to communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents
We can offer:
- the opportunity to join a highly successful Drama department
- a stimulating and creative environment in a school where extra-curricular activities flourish and teachers are encouraged to introduce new and innovative activities
- a CPD provision tailored to your needs focusing on areas of research and development
- a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively supported
- numerous other benefits (please see our attached information pack)
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6). For further information about our school, please visit www.tiffingirls.org
Please apply using the downloadable application form on this page or available on our website, or contact the school office.
Closing date: 9am on 2nd May 2018
Interview date: 9th May 2018
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.