Coombe Girls’ School is an outstanding school”, Ofsted May 2013
Coombe Girls’ School holds the significant accolade of being one in only 35 schools in the UK to have been awarded an Outstanding Ofsted rating four times in succession
Total number on roll: 1,380 including a mixed Sixth Form, currently 264
A High Performing School, with Leading Edge and Modern Languages Specialisms
Examination results reflect the quality of teaching and learning; the school’s Progress 8 score was +0.69 and 40% of GCSE entries were graded 7 to 9 last year
Latest raiseonline report shows that pupils make progress in the top 7% of pupils nationally.
Federated with Coombe Boys’ School since January 2006. Converted to academy status in 2012 and is part of The Coombe Academy Trust
We are seeking to appoint, from September, a highly motivated teacher of Drama. Drama is taught from Year 7 to Year 13 and is extremely popular and successful. A vibrant extra-curricular programme, including an Annual School Production, makes Drama high profile in the school. The successful candidate should have the ability to contribute to the teaching of GCSE and A level Drama. The ability to teach a second subject would be desirable. This post is suitable for a NQT.
We are proud of our innovative and forward thinking learning culture and our partnerships enable us to provide a wide range of opportunities for career development.
We will offer you:
- An exciting opportunity in a vibrant outstanding school
- A guaranteed CPD plan tailored to individual requirements including financial support for ‘M’ Level study. Our ongoing professional training and development includes National Professional Qualifications in Leadership.
- A successful NQT program
- A supportive department and Leadership Team
- Effective PPA allocation to allow for a better work/life balance
- Access to an Employee Wellbeing Programme including counselling and mentoring
- Touch screen chromebooks with G Suite education embedded throughout
- Employee benefits such as cycle scheme, retail discounts and Pension Scheme.
- Free onsite Parking
- An enthusiastic Staff Association offering opportunities for staff sport and socialising
- Excellent location with direct rail links to London Waterloo (25 mins) and a frequent bus service to Kingston upon Thames
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a highly competent teacher
- Be able to inspire and motivate students
- Have a passion for their subject which is evident in their day to day teaching
- Have the commitment to be part of an innovative and forward thinking school
- Play a full and active role in the life of the school