We are currently seeking an inspiring and committed part-time (0.50 FTE) teacher of Drama to start after Easter. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Drama teacher to join a school that values The Arts. This would be a temporary post for the remainder of the academic year in the first instance, but could become a permanent post. The successful applicant would be part of a friendly, dedicated team that aims to ensure all learners achieve their maximum potential. You will have the opportunity to initiate your own creative projects with our students, working in our fabulous new Drama premises.
The post would be an excellent opportunity for an experienced teacher, equally we would welcome applications from NQTs.
We are looking for a Teacher who:
- Believes in young people.
- Is dynamic, innovative and inspirational in the classroom.
- Is keen to work alongside an established, highly motivated team.
- Is passionate about their subject.
- Ensures all students succeed and are able to achieve their maximum potential.
- Has the ability to teach outstanding lessons across the age range.
- Is committed to raising standards of attainment.
- Sets high expectations of themselves and their students.
In return we will offer you:
- NQTs at Knights Templar will receive full support in their induction year and will benefit from our outstanding coaching and mentoring programme.
- An excellent range of CPD opportunities for staff.
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further
- Stability among teaching and support staff which brings both experience and commitment to our school community
- Supportive governing body and a senior leadership team that encourages a large degree of autonomy for middle leaders
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment
- A community school in the pretty market town of Baldock, 33 miles north of London, within 30-40 minutes of both Cambridge and London by road or train.
- Extra-curricular sporting/musical facilities for staff
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Sports Centre Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers (subject to recent Government changes)
In September 2017, Ofsted graded the school as “good” and they commented that ‘You have high expectations for pupils, which permeate throughout the school and which have a positive impact on the progress pupils make from their different starting points.’
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: 9am, Monday, 24th February 2020
Interviews: Thursday, 27th February 2020
Application packs are available to download from the school website . Completed a pplication forms, along with a covering letter (no more than two sides on skills and strengths relating to the post) to be returned via TES website or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org