We are looking to recruit a highly motivated and creative Teacher of Drama to join our experienced Drama team. The ideal candidate will have a commitment to academic excellence and help to embrace our mantra of “Achievement for All”, plan and deliver high quality lessons and be committed to achieving excellent results for students, instilling in them a love for the subject and a desire to learn. Teaching will be across KS3 and KS4, with opportunities available for teaching at KS5.
Our school is a centre of excellence in the arts and offers selected places to pupils who demonstrate both talent and aptitude in the arts. We are fortunate to have excellent facilities including three drama studios and a brand-new Performing Arts Centre, where we deliver all our lessons and regular stage productions. All our spaces have blackout facilities and are equipped with sound equipment and stage lighting.
Glenthorne High School can offer you:
• The opportunity to work in an ‘outstanding’ school.
• A comprehensive programme of professional development for teachers at all levels
• The opportunity to work with colleagues who have a passion to inspire pupils.
• Well established behaviour management systems, pupils feel valued and supported and able to learn.
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
Glenthorne High School is part of the Willow Learning Trust and is a National Teaching School with a specialism in the arts. The school is a mixed comprehensive academy with over 1600 pupils, which has been judged 'outstanding' in all areas by OFSTED. This is a genuine opportunity to join a popular school and become an integral part of the academy's continuing success.
Glenthorne High School