We are looking for an outstanding teacher to join our prestigious Drama department to cover a period of maternity leave. The successful candidate will be expected to teach across all key stages and will be part of the wider Performing Arts Faculty.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Drama is dynamic, aspirational, well-respected and supported in this Specialist Performing Arts School. The department has a record of strong results at GCSE and A-Level. Teaching is imaginative and intelligent - with great results. We offer students a wide range of enriching opportunities in and beyond the classroom. We take part in four yearly high-profile theatre festivals, including Edinburgh and we have strong links with several West End theatres and drama schools. Like Drama GCSE, our KS5 Theatre Studies A-Level course is very popular.
The ideal candidate will have adventurous ideas, excellent teaching skills and be a hard-working team-player with passion and drive. Experience of teaching Edexcel A-Level is desirable.
About the School:
- Founded in 1791, The St Marylebone CE School is an outstanding, oversubscribed Church of England girls’ school with a mixed sixth form, serving students of all faiths or no faith.
- Successively rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted, the School is one of the best performing non-selective state schools nationally.
- The School is situated in the heart of central London, just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street on the tranquil Marylebone High Street, with Regent’s Park just moments away. We are close to excellent transport links (Regent’s Park and Baker Street are both a two-minute walk away).
- We are the Lead School in the St Marylebone Teaching School Alliance and have 21 SLEs on the teaching staff.
- There are around 100 members of teaching staff and the School nurtures and develops staff in-house. 74% of teaching staff have been internally promoted since starting at the School.
- Qualified to degree level
- Qualified Teacher Status in a relevant subject
- Successful experience of teaching Drama at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5
- Can demonstrate creative and innovative approaches to teaching in a school where Drama is a valued specialism
- Evidence of at least good teaching leading to high attainment and progress
- Evidence of relevant subject-based CPD
- Understanding of the use of assessment to inform planning and improve student performance
- Commitment to enrichment and extra-curricular provision, notably Drama, in the development of students
- Ability to set consistently high expectations for all students through class work, homework and enrichment
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to engage, enthuse and motivate students
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise effectively
- Enthusiasm, drive and love of learning
- Flexibility, adaptability and creativity.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete an application form. Application forms are available to download from the School’s website:
As part of the form you will need to complete a supporting statement (no more than 2 sides of A4), in order to demonstrate your suitability for the post.
Please return your completed application form via e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing date: by 8:30am on Wednesday 18th April 2018
Interviews: Tuesday 24th April 2018
Start date: September 2018
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults and it is our expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).