Sir John Talbot’s School is at the centre of the community of Whitchurch, with excellent links to sports, business and partner primary schools. We are committed to equipping all students with the skills and experiences that will prepare them for life. As part of The Marches Academy Trust, we have access to a network of support and challenge, ensuring we are operating at the forefront of educational thinking. The school sits in mature grounds with historic roots, providing an attractive setting in which students can thrive. Facilities are extensive including the community leisure centre, well-resourced faculty areas and Sixth Form centre.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Teacher of Drama (with music) to join our successful team. We are seeking innovative and motivational teachers with excellent subject knowledge and the desire and commitment to raise achievement of students at all levels. The requirement will be to teach Drama to GCSE, with the potential to teach to A Level. We are looking for passionate and inspirational professionals who would enjoy working in an exciting and rewarding environment and are prepared to contribute fully to school life. Applications are welcome from NQTs. Please note that you may be required to work across other schools in the Academy Trust.
In the Performing Arts Faculty we have:
· Excellent teaching supported by interactive whiteboard technology.
· Attainment significantly above average.
· Inspirational teaching staff with drive and enthusiasm.
· Many opportunities for continued professional development
· A range of technology to enhance teaching and learning.
· Hard working students and strong home/ school partnerships.
Our staff set the highest standards in behaviour and achievement for all students in a supportive environment in which children are treated as individuals. The curriculum is designed to provide everyone with choices at each stage in their development. We celebrate success and encourage all students to develop broader life skills, investing in the whole child. I am incredibly proud of the achievements of all our students and trust that you will feel the same as we work together to ensure the successful future for them.
At Sir John Talbot’s School we can offer:
• An ‘Outstanding’ curriculum offering students a strong core entitlement in English, Mathematics and Science
• A full extra-curricular programme with opportunities for enrichment activities for all
• Excellent resources and facilities
• An enthusiastic and supportive team of staff, parents and governors
• Hard working students
• An excellent opportunity to develop your career
• National and International CPD opportunities
There will be an opportunity for those interested in applying, to visit the school by appointment only. If you would like to attend or if you have any other queries, please email Hayley Burton, Headteacher’s PA email@example.com.
For further information or to apply for the posts please visit our online recruitment site via the school’s website www.sirjohntalbots.co.uk (Please note we do not accept CVs).
Closing date for applications is midnight on Wednesday 18th April 2018
Interviews will be held on Thursday 26th April 2018.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.