An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, dynamic, motivated and able teacher of Design Technology to join our outstanding technology department, specifically to focus on the teaching of Construction and Product Design.
Design and Technology is a very popular subject within the academy. Over half of all pupils opt to take a technology subject at KS4. The department achieves outstanding results with 91% of pupils achieving a grade C or better at GCSE (or equivalent) and 34% achieving A/A* grade (or equivalent).
You will be:
• Able to have a positive impact on the progress of both the pupils that are directly taught by you and those taught by the department.
• Able to inspire pupils of all abilities to have high aspirations and achieve their potential.
• Able to generate ideas and drive initiatives.
• Able to support the subject leader by contributing to the strategic development of the department.
• Able to work independently and meet deadlines.
• Able to share your practice in a constructive and collaborative way.
• Able to implement intervention strategies so that no pupil is left behind.
You will have:
• A proven track record of success at KS3 and KS4.
• A passion for Design Technology.
• A desire to be the best you can be - to always improve and do things better.
• High expectations for all pupils.
• An ability to build positive relationships with pupils, parents, staff and governors.
• An ability to deliver consistently good and outstanding lessons.
• A commitment to Castleford Academy’s vision and values.
This post would be suitable for an outstanding NQT who is looking for an excellent starting ground within a highly supportive environment or an established teacher seeking to further develop their career within an existing highly successful team.
Castleford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Castleford Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment.
If you are interested in this role now or in the future, please contact Mrs Kelly Baker, HR Manager on 01977 605060 to arrange a visit.
Application forms can be downloaded from our website. Completed applications should be addressed to Mr George Panayiotou, Headteacher at the school address or via email to email@example.com. Providing suitable interest, the closing date for applications is Monday 21st May 2018 at 12 noon with interviews taking place later that week.
For further information on the school, the role and ‘how to apply’ please visit http://www.castlefordacademy.com/vacancies/pages/default.aspx