Teacher of DT
At Oasis Academy Arena , London
Salary: M1- UPS3 Outer London £27,596- £43,348 plus Pension Scheme
Start Date: 1st September 2019
Closed Date: 22nd May 2019
Interviews: To be confirmed
BE A PART OF OUR J2O – Journey to Outstanding
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, committed professional who shares our ethos and vision to join our team. You will be able to inspire, enthuse, engage, motivate and challenge students to raise achievement at all levels due to our culture of high performance and expectations of both staff and students.
Oasis Academy Arena was opened as part of London’s Olympic Legacy in 2015 and boasts state-of-the-art learning facilities within our new purpose-built building. We are situated adjacent to first-class sporting facilities and just minutes to Tramlines, National Rail and London Overground services.
We are dedicated to helping the young people of Croydon fulfil their potential through exceptional teaching. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to grow with the school on both a professional and personal level, and help shape it into the community-focused, learning environment which we aspire for it to be. When you join us we will have years 7-11 for the first time.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We are looking for:
• QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree, and experience as Teacher of DT
• Someone who can model and disseminate high quality teaching pedagogy and practice to secure consistently good or outstanding teaching and learning for our children
• A person with the potential and ambition to undertake core subject leadership
• A commitment to ongoing professional development
• Someone who will contribute to the wider life at the academy
• A teacher who will maintain a dynamic and inspiring learning environment
• Innovation, high levels of motivation and eagerness to take a lead
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of our staff team
• The ideal candidates will have a real love for their subject and a desire to share their knowledge and experiences.
• It is essential that you demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of teaching, learning and behaviour strategies.
We are a 2 minute walk from Arena Tram station with East Croydon & Norwood Junction BR stations within easy reach. In return for your hard work and commitment
There will be excellent opportunities for progression and promotion, and we are interested in hearing from newly qualified and experienced teachers.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment through professional development, providing courses and qualifications to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
You will be part of the Oasis family who take pride in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader.
• An Outer London Allowance
• Teacher pension scheme(TPS)
• Good transport links close by ,Trams Buses and Overground Trains
• Reduced rates to the gym based at the Academy
• You may have the opportunity to work across Academies in Croydon
The Principal of Oasis Academy Arena, Thomas Raymond, is always happy to discuss the role or meet with potential candidates to talk about his values driven vision for the Academy and show you our working environment, allowing you to get a real sense of our Academy’s atmosphere. These visits can be arranged through the Academy by emailing email@example.com, or by calling 0208 240 6700
If you are interested in applying for the role please complete and return our standard application form by no later than 11am on Wednesday 22nd May 2019. Completed forms should be returned either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to oasis Academy Arena, Albert Road, London SE25 4QL
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken Maths is an essential requirement for this role.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks, and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis Community Learning ethos.
Oasis Community Learning supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
Oasis Community Learning is a company limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 5398529.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.