IKB is a dynamic and successful Academy seeking a committed and ambitious teacher of DT to join our thriving team of staff and students, this is a unique opportunity in our growing school. We seek a teacher of either: Engineering, Construction, or Product Design to Key Stage 4 and 5.
We are a highly ambitious school with a unique curriculum and ethos that delivers high quality qualifications, life-long skills and valuable experiences that enable our students to apply successfully for the most competitive University places and Degree Apprenticeships on leaving IKB.
Although we are a relatively new school we are proud of our success in such a short time, for example IKB:
- Is delivering exceptional outcomes for students, placed third in BANES for Progress 8 (+0.22) in 2017, and second for A levels in 2018.
- Is heavily oversubscribed, with parents and students from many local (and good) schools appealing for places at IKB and as a result we are running a waiting list for entry 2019.
- Has happy students and strong and positive relationship with parents, students and staff. 98% of parents say they would recommend IKB to other parents and staff surveys show a very positive response in terms of staff satisfaction; teachers would recommend working at IKB to other colleagues.
Our curriculum is focused around the STEM subjects. This is reflected in our current curriculum model where all students at KS4 study a design technology subject. A level Product Design along with Level 3 BTEC Engineering are our most popular and successful subjects in the 6th form. The results for GCSE Product Design, A level Product Design, Level 2 and Level 3 Engineering and Construction all show positive progress and many students choose to continue these subjects at degree level and through higher and degree apprenticeships.
IKB is a 14- 19 academy and part of Wellsway Multi Academy Trust, which currently comprises of 13 schools and is moving towards its vision of being a truly inclusive provider of 4-19 education in East Bristol and Bath.
The successful candidate will also contribute to the direction and growth of the school promoting the values of IKB and fully preparing students for their futures. As a dedicated team at IKB we are committed offering bespoke professional development and support alongside the wider opportunities offered as part of the Wellsway Multi Academy Trust.
If you would like to find out more about the contact reception at IKB Academy who can arrange an informal telephone call with a member of the leadership team.
Closing date: 23:59 Sunday 16 June 2019
Interviews to be held: w/c Monday 17 June 2019
- Download the Candidate Pack, Job Description/Person Specification and Application Form
- Visit the IKB Academy website
- Fully complete the Application Form and email together with a covering letter that outlines; the skills and experiences you have that will make you successful at IKB in this role and your priorities in teaching and learning
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Wellsway Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post, prior to appointment Wellsway Multi Academy Trust will apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, a Children’s Barred list check, two satisfactory references, satisfactory pre-employment health screening and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce. In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the ‘Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006.