Teacher of Design & Technology (0.6FTE , permanent)
Required for January 2018 or sooner
Beckfoot Thornton is in an extremely exciting period on its journey to becoming a truly great school having just joined the highly successful Beckfoot Multi Academy Trust. It is a popular 11 to 18 school with approximately 1500 students on roll, including a very active Sixth Form of approximately 175 students. The school is fully inclusive and is set in the outskirts of the city of Bradford.
As the successful candidate you will be joining Beckfoot Thornton at an exciting time of rapid change and refocusing of the school to ensure good or better progress is made by ALL of our young people.
We are looking for a dedicated, inspirational and enthusiastic teacher of Design Technology to join our team. Candidates would need to specialise in Food and Nutrition with the ability to teach KS3 food and textiles. You will be part of a motivated department, whose focus is aspirational outcomes for all students. As the successful candidate you would be expected to teach both KS3 and KS4. In addition, you would be expected to work well as part of the team to deliver high quality learning experiences for our students.
The successful candidate will be provided with personalised professional development from the Beckfoot Teaching School. This offer includes subject specific development, leadership development and coaching programmes. This is in addition to the high quality Faculty and Whole school professional development provided to all staff.
In addition we offer:
• An opportunity to work at a school that forms part of the highly successful Beckfoot Multi Academy Trust which provides high teaching expertise with shared learning and collaborative working.
• Talented students who are eager to learn and inspired to achieve the best that they can
• A highly skilled, committed and supportive team.
1. Complete the application form and equal opportunities monitoring form, which can be downloaded from the school’s website at www.beckfootthornton.org. CVs will not be accepted.
2. Write a letter of application of no more than two sides of A4, font no smaller than 11. In your letter please identify how your experience and personal qualities meet the requirements for the post and use this as an opportunity to identify your areas of specific strength in the role.
3. Applications must be emailed to email@example.com by no later than Monday 3rd July 2017 at 9.00am. Interviews will take place week commencing 3rd July 2017.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a successful DBS check and at least two previous employer references. In accordance with the Immigration Act 2016, the successful applicant will need to speak fluent English.