Malvern College Chengdu is expanding into a new purpose-built campus which will open in September 2019. We are seeking professionals who can develop strong links with parents and the local community, and have high standards and expectations in areas of teaching and learning.
The successful candidate will contribute to the development and delivery of the College’s vision and values. He/She will be a supportive member of this new team within the Malvern College family and help ensure the success of Malvern College Chengdu as a leading independent school in China.
- Be part of a core team to design and prepare a challenging, innovative and exciting EYFS curriculum for children entering Nursery, Reception or Kindergarten 1, or Kindergarten 2 which will enable them to flourish and achieve their potential
- Design, prepare and deliver lessons to suit the individual needs of all students using a range and balance of teaching strategies
- Promote the enjoyment of learning
- Ensure the classroom and school environment is well- managed, inviting, organised and neatly presented
- Support the outdoor Forest School Educational Programme
- Nurture meaningful relationships with children and their families and provide the individual attention they need
- Assess and monitor student progress and provide clear learning targets so that all learners can see success and improve and maintain Portfolios of Learning
- Collaborate with other teachers, especially the Mandarin co-teacher of the classroom, to share new ideas, approaches and professional knowledge through staff meetings and staff PD sessions
- Communicate accurately, regularly and meaningfully with families of students in their care
- Contribute to the extra-curricular activities programme and participate in school activities such as assemblies, parent evening events, conferences, workshops and any other roles as identified by the leadership team
- Supervise the students and take on duties as required during lunch, sleep and other times as required
- A degree and a recognised qualification (such as PGCE) in Early Childhood Education
- English proficiency to native level
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience in Early Years education, ideally with experience in an international educational setting
- Experience in teaching second language learners
- Music/ PE skills in Early Childhood is an advantage
For further information about working for Malvern College Chengdu please download the general information pack.
All applications should be submitted online via www.malverncollegeinternational.org/Current-Vacancies. You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV. You are also required to provide details of three referees for job references.
Contract Type: Full time, Two Years
Start date: August 2019
Closing date: 31st May 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their application.
Malvern College Chengdu exists to provide a quality all round education for students and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks. Please note that we will need to take up the references provided in your application form prior to interview.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries about this role. Please note that a CV will not be accepted in place of the online application form.
For further information about Malvern College Chengdu, please visit our website at www.malvernchengdu.cn/en/. To find out more about the Malvern College International family, please visit www.malverncollegeinternational.org