We would like to recruit a Teacher of Economics and Business Studies. Full and part-time (4 days) applications will be considered.
We have an opportunity for a permanent role, either starting January, Easter or September. There is also an opportunity for a fixed term contract to start in January 2020, duration for one or two terms (dependent on the permanent role). For the right candidate there is the potential for additional responsibility.
We require a versatile, capable and enthusiastic team player who will support the department’s industry links and enterprise programmes. The successful candidate must have the ability to teach Economics at A-Level and Business Studies at GCSE.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The department has a very strong academic record both at GCSE and A-Level and also provides a plethora of extra-curricular activities at all key stages. Students who choose to study Economics or Business are supported through outstanding personal support programmes and regular catch up clubs which everyone in the department helps to run.
Enrichment is at the heart of the department with half termly business breakfasts, “annual Student Investor Challenge" entries and participation in share save schemes, guest speakers, Economics Society and regular visits to industry.
Economics is a particularly popular subject with a growing number of students taking the subject at A-Level. Examination results are excellent.
There is a strong ethos of collaborative teaching and learning and providing opportunities for the students outside of the classroom and curriculum is paramount.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
• Founded in 1791, The St Marylebone CE School is an outstanding comprehensive school for girls with a mixed sixth form, serving students of all faiths or no faith. The School is a mainstream Academy for 1,170 pupils.
• Successively rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted and SIAMS, the School is one of the best performing non-selective state schools nationally.
• We are the Lead School in the St Marylebone Teaching School Alliance and have 21 SLEs on the teaching staff.
• There are around 100 members of teaching staff. 74% of teaching staff have been internally promoted since starting at the School.
• The School is situated in the heart of central London, We are close to excellent transport links (Regent’s Park, Baker Street and Bond Street Tube Stations).
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete an application form. Application forms are available to download from the School’s website: stmarylebone.school/contact/vacancies/
Please return your completed application form via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: by 5:00pm on Thursday 21st November 2019
Please note that applicants may be called to interview earlier, so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible.
Start date: January/ Easter/ September
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults and it is our expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).