To commence Easter or September 2021
If you are passionate about your subject, with the ability, desire and enthusiasm to deliver lessons to students who really want to learn, we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will teach Economics in Key Stage 5 and Business Studies across Key Stage 4-5. These are popular subjects, and examination results for both subjects achieve positive value-added each year. Please refer to the application pack for further information.
Hinchley Wood School is an inclusive and high achieving school on the borders of SW London, with over 1,400 students on roll including 290 in our 6th form. We pride ourselves on celebrating student progress and development as well as academic achievement. In 2019, our Progress 8 score of +0.75 put us in the top 5% of schools nationally, and we are in the 200 top performing schools in England and Wales in terms of the progress our students make between the end of Key Stage 2 and their GCSEs. Our 6th Form value added score of +0.34 also puts us in the top 100 schools nationally.
Whilst the role is open to newly qualified teachers, we welcome applications from experienced practitioners, and an additional TLR may be available for the right candidate looking to take on a departmental responsibility. In return we offer:
- A competitive salary;
- Two week Autumn half term and a minimum two week break over the Christmas period;
- Friday afternoon non-contact time;
- Priority admissions criteria for children of staff;
- Interest free travel/relocation loan;
- A friendly and supportive staff community;
- On site gym; and
- Professional development support and an extensive CPD programme.
If you are an NQT, joining Hinchley Wood School would be an excellent start to your teaching career with benefits including:
- An established and extensive NQT programme;
- Support and expertise of Mentors and a network of other NQTs across subject areas; and
- A paid induction programme during July.
We would welcome pre-application visits or further queries.
Please call the HR department on 0208 398 7161 or via email: email@example.com Application packs are available from our website: http://www.hinchleywoodschool.co.uk/243/vacancies
Closing date for applications: Monday 1st March 2021 (9am)
Hinchley Wood Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The position advertised is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Hinchley Wood School
Surrey, SW London borders
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years