We would like to recruit a Teacher of Economics and Business Studies from 1st September 2019. Full and part-time applications will be considered. We require a versatile, capable and enthusiastic team player who will support the department’s industry links and enterprise programmes. The successful candidate must have the ability to teach Economics at A-Level and GCSE and Business Studies at GCSE.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The department has a very strong academic record both at GCSE and A-Level and also provides a plethora of extra-curricular activities at all key stages. Students who choose to study Economics or Business are supported through outstanding personal support programmes and regular catch up clubs which everyone in the department helps to run.
Enrichment is at the heart of the department with half termly business breakfasts, annual Target 2.0 competition entries and participation in share save schemes, guest speakers, Economics Society and regular visits to industry.
Economics is a particularly popular subject with a growing number of students taking the subject at A-Level. Examination results are excellent.
There is a strong ethos of collaborative teaching and learning and providing opportunities for the students outside of the classroom and curriculum is paramount.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
• Founded in 1791, The St Marylebone CE School is an outstanding comprehensive school for girls with a mixed sixth form, serving students of all faiths or no faith. The School is a mainstream Academy for 1,170 pupils.
• Successively rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted and SIAMS, the School is one of the best performing non-selective state schools nationally.
• We are the Lead School in the St Marylebone Teaching School Alliance and have 21 SLEs on the teaching staff.
• There are around 100 members of teaching staff. 74% of teaching staff have been internally promoted since starting at the School.
• The School is situated in the heart of central London, just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street on the tranquil Marylebone High Street, with Regent’s Park just moments away. We are close to excellent transport links (Regent’s Park, Baker Street and Bond Street Tube Stations).
• Qualified to degree level
• Qualified Teacher Status (in a relevant subject)
• Successful experience of teaching Economics at A-Level and GCSE and Business Studies at GCSE
• Evidence of at least good teaching leading to high attainment and progress
• Evidence of relevant subject-based CPD
• Understanding of the use of assessment to inform planning and improve student performance
• Ability to set consistently high expectations for all students through class work, homework and enrichment
• Ability to motivate others and lead a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to engage, enthuse and motivate students
• Ability to organise, plan and prioritise effectively
• Enthusiasm, drive and love of learning
• Flexibility, adaptability and creativity.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete an application form. Application forms are available to download from the School’s website.
Please return your completed application form via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: by 5:00pm on Monday 20th May 2019
Please note that applicants may be called earlier so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible.
Start date: 1st September 2019
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults and it is our expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).