We are looking for an outstanding teacher of Economics and Business Studies. As part of our experienced and passionate staff team, you can expect to:
- Teach Business studies and A-level Economics and Business.
- Be a part of a vibrant, committed and professional team of teachers to enhance the quality of teaching and learning in the Department.
- Share resources and good practice, be involved in lesson observations and work scrutiny; be a part of collaborative teaching, and continue your own professional development.
- Contribute to schemes of work at all levels.
- Monitor the progress of students taking the subject in your class, and set targets where appropriate; support key groups of pupils in their studies e.g. the most able pupils and pupils with EAL or Learning Support needs.
- Contribute towards the planning an running of trips and organising speaker to come into school.
- Have high expectations of your pupils in your class and motivate them to do well, providing extra support at clinics where necessary.
- Liaise with the Head of Department to maximise the progress of students.
- Offer support to the learning, pastoral and co-curricular needs of the individual students through the House system as a tutor, and the co-curricular programme. These duties should be carried out to a high standard to ensure the all-round quality of education for pupils at Worksop College.
The role is suitable for an appropriately qualified NQT, to whom full statutory support will be given.