Manchester Mesivta is excited to offer the role of Teacher of Economics and Politics within our rapidly growing Jewish boy's school. This is a part time role (0.6) spread over three to four days and will involve the teaching of Economics and Politics to KS5 (AS/A-Level). We are looking for someone who is passionate about their subjects and determined in their mission to impart knowledge, skills and understanding to all of our young people, whilst exciting and engaging them in their learning. The position would suit an experienced teacher.
By joining Manchester Mesivta you will be working within a centre that boasts small class sizes, exceptional results and performance, and a positive work/life balance.
You should be a committed classroom practitioner with a passion for learning and teaching. You must be able to establish excellent relationships with pupils and colleagues, and work well within a team.
We offer a supportive environment for practitioners to grow and develop their practice, and encourage teachers with a passion for their subject to help offer unique experiences for our learners.
Duties as a Classroom Teacher
* Register classes taught at the commencement of the lesson.
* Plan and prepare lessons appropriate to each class.
* Teach according to pupils educational needs, recording teaching activity.
* Regularly set, mark and record homework for all pupils, according to the school homework schedule.
* Maintain classroom discipline and a safe working environment for pupils, observing all LA and school guidelines with regard to the welfare, health and safety of pupils.
* Implement process of assessment, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainments of pupils taught.
* Mark examination papers as and when required.
* Maintain an up-to-date professional knowledge of developments within his/her subject area, reviewing from time to time methods of teaching and programmes of work.
* Participate in arrangements for his/her further training and professional development as a teacher, where appropriate.
Teaching and Learning
* Promote an enthusiasm and a passion in students for Economics.
* Promote and develop high quality teaching and learning in Economics.
* Identify underachieving pupils and ensure that appropriate intervention is conducted and monitored and ensure Heads of Year and/or parents/carers are kept well informed.
* Ensure the subject fulfils its cross-curricular role(s) ie. Citizenship/Literacy/Numeracy/Enterprise/ICT.
Monitoring and Evaluation
* Monitor, evaluate and support intervention to tackle any student underperformance.
* Undertake work scrutiny in line with the school policy.
Located in Prestwich, Greater Manchester, Manchester Mesivta School is an Orthodox Jewish secondary school for boys. A voluntary-aided school, it was originally founded as an independent fee-paying school, but in 2004 became state-aided. The school h...