Employer: British International School of Stockholm
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Job starts: August 2019
Due to continued expansion, The British International School of Stockholm wishes to employ a qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated Economics teacher who is able to teach the subject to IBDP higher level. Experience in, and a willingness to teach, another subject up to IGCSE or IB level would be an advantage.
The successful candidates will have:
• Proven experience of teaching Economics from Year 10 to 13 (essential)
• Knowledge and experience of teaching IBDP Higher Level (desirable)
• The ability to teach a further subject up to IGCSE or IB level (desirable)
• The ability to share your outstanding practice and develop other colleagues
• A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
In addition, applicants should:
• Be a fully qualified teacher (UK BEd or PGCE with relevant degree, or hold the equivalent recognised teaching qualifications from other countries)
• Have a minimum two years’ relevant teaching experience
• Be a fluent English speaker
• Be eligible to live and work in Sweden (have EU citizenship)
The British International School of Stockholm is situated across a split site in Djursholm, a beautiful suburb of Stockholm. The school caters for the Nursery to Year 11 (soon to be Year 13) age range and enjoys an excellent reputation for both its academic progress and achievement, and its pastoral care. BISS is a vibrant and highly successful school of over 500 children from 40 different countries. Meeting internationally recognised standards of excellence, the school is an accredited member of COBIS (the Council of British International Schools) and received an excellent BSO inspection report.
In Secondary, BISS uses objectives from Cambridge Secondary and English National Curriculum, followed by Cambridge IGCSE courses for Years 10 and 11. We are currently working towards accelerated authorisation to begin teaching the IB Diploma from August 2019. If not, we will begin teaching it in August 2020.
We offer you:
A wonderful country and school in which to work
Excellent professional development opportunities
Opportunities to work cross phase in our all through school
Supportive and aspirational parents
Extremely friendly and vibrant staff and students from a rich range of backgrounds
If you are internationally-minded, and have the desire to help shape the exciting future of our school, we would love to hear from you.
To apply: Please email your CV, including details of two professional referees, and a letter of application detailing your experience and personal educational ethos to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 18th February, though early applications are encouraged as Skype interviews may be scheduled earlier for suitable candidates.
For further information and questions about the school, or to arrange a visit, please view our website http://www.bisstockhom.se or contact us at email@example.com
BISS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share in this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a relevant police check and must be willing to undergo child protection training appropriate to the post.