Part-time, 0.4fte, in the first instance
The Directors of the Gardener Schools Group have established Kew House School in the conviction that there exists an opportunity for a different kind of independent secondary school in London - academically demanding but with a modern approach to selection criteria, the flexibility of the curriculum and recognition of creativity and talent.
Economics has been offered at A level at KHS since September 2017 and is expanding and very popular. The successful candidate would be expected to support the growth of the number of students opting for the subject at A level in the future.
- A good degree in an appropriate subject and a recognised teaching qualification
- Experience of teaching Economics at A level and GCSE
- Experience in the development of outstanding resources, lesson sequences and schemes of work for new courses as the curriculum continues to evolve
- Commitment to, and experience of, using a range of teaching styles and methods including ICT. Classrooms are equipped with IWB / digital projectors
- Willingness to offer extra support through subject clinics and revision classes when necessary to guarantee the progress of students
- Willingness to participate in the wider co-curricular life of the school showing commitment to the ethos of the school and flexibility in achieving its aims
- The ability to contribute to the A Level Business Studies course would be welcome but not essential
The school is committed to staff development and this position will provide a good springboard for further promotion within the school and beyond. All staff will be encouraged to attend INSET courses and will be provided with ample professional development opportunities.
To apply, please submit a completed application form together with a supporting letter of application and details of two referees. One referee should be able to comment on your teaching skills, and one from your current or most recent employer. References will be taken prior to interview. You must provide original documents as proof of identity at interview.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Mr Mark Hudson, Headmaster, Kew House School, 6 Capital Interchange Way, London, TW8 0EX.
Closing date: Midday on 19 March 2018.
Short listed candidates will be contacted by email and invited to attend an interview by arrangement.
All appointments are made in accordance with our equal opportunities policy and applicants should let us know of any special needs they may have.
Kew House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and questions will be asked at interview to assess suitability of candidate to work with our children. All appointments are subject to satisfactory criminal record (DBS) check.