Teacher of Economics (0.6-full-time)
Possibly with the ability to teach History, Geography or Religious Studies
Post available on Unqualified, Teachers Main and Upper Pay Scales (Outer London)
We are seeking a talented teacher, qualified or unqualified who can inspire our students to love Economics, possibly as well as one of the humanities. This is your opportunity to teach some of the most committed young Economists in the country as part of a highly skilled, cohesive department. The key focus of this role will be to:
• Teach outstanding lessons that stimulate, engage and stretch very able students to have a deep passion for Economics and subjects related to the subject;
• Contribute to the continued success of an outstanding Subject Area, share good practice within the Economics Subject Area and beyond and engage pupils in the super and co-curriculums.
• Implement the School’s Vision for Learning; engage learners, deepen their thinking, provide suitable challenge to ensure progress for all and build strong relationships within the School.
Wallington County Grammar School is one of the most successful schools in the country. Our motto is Per Ardua ad Summa, Through Difficulties to the Heights, which our exceptional students exemplify each and every day. Their success and that of our staff has been recognised by Ofsted, grading the school ‘outstanding’ in all areas, and more recently by the Secretary of State for Education who presented the school with the 2019 Evening Standard Award for School Achievement. This success is born from a strong set of values centred around compassion for one another, commitment to all we do, courage in facing life’s many challenges and creativity to succeed in a global 21st century society.
We are a highly selective school, admitting 150 young men from across London and the South East into Year 7 and admitting young women into the Sixth Form. We have a well-balanced, academic curriculum centred around developing scholarship and creativity which, when combined with innovative and forward thinking pedagogy, makes Wallington County Grammar School, an extremely stimulating environment in which to work. Advantages of joining our exceptional team of staff include:
● working with able and committed young men and women;
● the ability to teach your subject to the highest possible levels in secondary education, preparing students for undergraduate study at the best universities in the world;
● opportunities for rapid promotion both within the school and the wider Folio Trust;
● access to a Charter Marked CPD programme (Silver Status) that includes nine INSET days a year and a commitment to subject specific professional learning;
● a leafy setting on the edge of the beautiful Beddington Park with outer London pay and easy access to both central London and the Surrey countryside;
● a superb graduate programme through Teacher Apprenticeship and Schools Direct routes;
● a close affiliation with the Institute for Education with the School leading local provision of the National Qualifications for Middle and Senior Leadership as well as leading the Borough’s English and Science School Centred Teacher Training;
● amenities and benefits including priority entry for children of staff; onsite parking; Ride to Work Scheme; Employee Assistance Programme and a School gym;
● a firm commitment to staff wellbeing and work life balance.
An application pack may be downloaded from the School website at https://www.wcgs-sutton.co.uk/career-opportunities/teacher-of-economics. Please note an application form must be completed for this post an d should be returned email@example.com as soon as possible but no later than the closing date. Candidates may be called for an interview upon receipt of their application. A Statement of Suitability addressed to the Headmaster is required as part of the application.
Visit to the School prior to application are welcome, please contact reply to firstname.lastname@example.org to organise. If you have any questions related to this vacancy please contact Mr. James Dicker, Subject Leader of Economics at email@example.com or Mr. Alasdair Robertson, Ass istant Headteacher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 9am, Monday 24th May 2021
We reserve the right to interview and appoint before the closing date should there be a suitable candidate and therefore advise that applications should be submitted as soon as possible.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The recruitment process will include an enhanced DBS check, medical screening, confirmation of right to work in the UK and all other pre- employment checks in line with safer recruitment requirements.
Wallington County Grammar School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years