Teacher of Economics
St Mary’s Calne offers an academically enriching working environment within the beautiful Wiltshire countryside, with easy transport links to Bristol, Bath and London
St Mary’s Calne is a member of the Girls’ Schools Association (GSA) and the Headmasters’ and Headmistress’ Conference (HMC); it is a leader in the field of girls’ independent boarding education. It has around 365 girls aged 11-18, including 120+ girls in the Sixth Form. As well as innovative teaching, learning and scholarship, St Mary’s Calne offers outstanding pastoral care and a vibrant, warm community.
St Mary’s Calne believes in excellence in all respects. As a school community, we thrive amidst a culture of strong expectations and the education which we provide nurtures and develops the concept of high performance. The principal aim is to develop well-rounded pupils who are equipped to excel as adults.
Extra-curricular opportunities beyond the classroom are a vital and integral part of life for girls at St Mary’s Calne. These opportunities are woven into the timetable during the day, in the evenings and at weekends. We believe that both boarders and day girls benefit from all aspects of the strong boarding ethos of the school.
Due to an increase in the uptake at A Level, St Mary’s Calne is looking for a talented and enthusiastic teacher, with outstanding inter-personal skills, to teach Economics.
The well-resourced Economics Department is built upon a foundation of inspirational teaching and learning, effective questioning, insightful feedback and empowering girls to make a habit of being successful. We strive to help girls to develop a love of Economics by developing a relational understanding of economics ideas, by exploring how those ideas can illuminate everyday life and by using economics insight to propose and evaluate solutions to real-world problems.
What we want from you
• University Graduate in Economics or a related subject
• The ability to offer A Level Economics
• Excellent communication skills
• Motivation to work with young people
• Positive attitude and approach to change and development
• Willingness to participate in and expectation of contribution to the wider life of a boarding school and extra-curricular life
• The ability to tutor girls and be pastorally aware of their needs
• The ability to offer Computing/IT to GCSE could give the opportunity for extra teaching hours (desirable but not essential)
What we offer
• Excellent and tailored CPD within the department and across the school
• Highly motivated girls with lessons taught in small groups
• Competitive salaries and a contributory pension scheme
• Discounted membership of the St Mary’s Calne Sports Centre
• Fee remission for daughters educated at St Mary’s Calne and for sons and daughters educated at St Margaret’s Preparatory School
• Complimentary meals in the Dining Hall during term time
• Free on-site parking
How to Apply
For an Application Form please visit Vacancies on our website www.stmaryscalne.org
Telephone 01249 857200 (Karen Turner) Email email@example.com
Closing date: Midday, Tuesday 30th April 2019