Birkenhead Sixth Form College is an outstanding provider of sixth form education, (Ofsted 2017) and the current (TES) Sixth Form college of the year winner (2018), the college is also the best provider for A levels in Wirral (Gov.Uk, February,2018).
We are looking to appoint a dedicated individual who is keen to teach in a demanding, supportive and innovative environment. this is an exciting opportunity to teach A-level Economics at the college. Currently, 20 students study Economics at A-level and we are keen to see this number increase. Therefore we are seeking an individual who is passionate about Economics and can also work with our marketing and admissions team to develop student numbers. The Economics course follows the OCR syllabus which is a linear specification with no entry for AS-level offered.
The position is full time for candidates who are able to teach Business studies. Business Studies is a popular course within the college with around 200 students studying it at both A-level and BTEC.
We have a strong team ethos and the successful candidate will become an integral part of the team, working in collaboration with other Business teachers to support this area of the curriculum. The successful candidate will be encouraged to organise interesting enrichment activities and will contribute to the high quality educational experience of all learners.
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURE
- Please complete the Teacher Application Form - which is available on the College website: www.bsfc.ac.uk
- Last 3 years of examination results (If appropriate – if you are an NQT please skip this part of the application procedure)
- On a separate sheet answer the following specific questions:
Each question should be answered separately with each answer being no more than 150 words.
- Aside from your stated qualifications, please outline what you believe makes you academically suited to the position applied for.
- The College does not operate a gifted and talented programme as we believe all students should be assessed on current performance and expected to improve on that. What is your view on this approach?
- Please identify one or two skills or techniques you have used in the classroom to drive learning.
- The College rejects the use of target grades on the basis of prior attainment data (ALIS, ALPS etc). Target grades are set on teachers assessment of the student. What is your view of this practice?
- You should have provided an accompanying sheet summarising the results you have achieved over the last three years. Is there any context or background you would like to give to these?
The required documentation is to be returned via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Form can be downloaded from the College website: www.bsfc.ac.uk
Closing Date: Midday Tuesday, 12th June 2018.
Interviews and Assessments (TBA)