Can you teach Resistant Materials, Design Technology and Engineering?
Would you enjoy planning, organising and delivering the Technology curriculum to KS4/KS5 students?
Would you like to be a part of a vibrant and forward-thinking Academy with state of the art facilities?
If you have answered yes to these questions, The Chalk Hills Academy would love to hear from you!
The Chalk Hills Academy have a great opportunity for a Teacher of Engineering, Resistant Materials and Technology to join our creative department. Here at The Chalk Hills Academy, we understand the importance of teaching a variety of subjects that help our students succeed, not just academically but vocationally. We understand that not all students may want to take an academic route after they leave school, and therefore, teaching vocational subjects such as Engineering, Resistant Materials and Technology help students to discover new skills and talents and go on to achieve great things within that subject. Therefore, we are looking for an outstanding classroom practitioner who demonstrates high standards of delivery and is fully committed to raising attainment across all key stages within the subject. We are looking to recruit an excellent candidate and there is, therefore, a potential for an additional recruitment and retention allowance for the right person who will drive attainment in the subject forward.
The successful candidate will work under the direction of the Head of Technology to plan, organise and deliver an appropriate learning programme that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfil their academic potential in Engineering and Design & Technology at KS4 and KS5.
- Start date: September 2018
- Salary: MPS / UPS + Potential Recruitment and Retention Allowance
- Job Role: Full time, Permanent / Fixed Term Contract
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
- £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
- Great support for NQT’s including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
- Unparalleled CPD opportunities catered to your developmental needs
- Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
- All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
- Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
- Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “The purposeful and caring leadership of the Principal and SLT have created a strong academy identity and a positive ethos shared by all members of the community. The strength of leadership is recognised without exception by the academy’s staff. Students’ behaviour is good, the atmosphere in lessons is calm and studious and attitudes to learning are routinely positive as students want to learn. Students are hugely proud of their academy, they wear their blazers and ties smartly, do not drop litter and look after the modern, purpose-built site impeccably. They stand without instruction when any adult enters a classroom.
Closing Date: Wednesday 28th March at 12pm Interviews: As soon as possible
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply today- We look forward to hearing from you!
Please refer to our Job Description in your application as this forms the basis of our shortlisting.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Hannah Chandler, Recruitment Officer on 01582 211 226 or email email@example.com
Visits to the Academy are warmly welcomed, please email Sharon Kirby, HR Administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a suitable time.
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer. The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.