Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Temporary (in the first instance)
Energy Coast UTC is a very special place – created through a partnership between industry and education. Our approach to the curriculum, grounded in traditional values, provide a great foundation for students’ futures. We are a college that delivers Engineering excellence through innovative, technically- focused education. Our industry partners include: Sellafield Ltd, Gen2, Morgan Sindall, Royal Navy and the National Nuclear Laboratory.
Our recent OFSTED report commented that ‘the new Principal has transformed the college’ and that a ‘good foundation has now been secured to enable continued improvement’.
We seek to appoint an outstanding teacher of Engineering who is dynamic, enthusiastic and creative. The successful applicant will be passionate about inspiring our students and be a team player who works collaboratively with colleagues.
The successful applicant will be:
- Qualified to deliver Engineering across Key Stages 4 – 5 to the highest standard
- Able to deliver GCSE/BTEC and A level/BTEC Engineering and achieve superb outcomes for young people
- Able to deliver other, varied, industry standard qualifications to a high standard
- Technically competent in using a range of CAD CAM applications and equipment
- An excellent communicator who is able to meet deadlines
- A reflective practitioner who is willing to take an active role in the wider life of the school
- A strong team player
- Passionate about the success of students, the department and the UTC
If you believe that this is an environment where you can thrive, develop and substantially contribute to an exciting future for the Energy Coast UTC then you are encouraged to visit our website - www.energycoastutc.co.uk.
For an informal discussion, to arrange a visit or for an application pack please contact Diane Jamieson or Katie Mcwilliams on 0191 267 6555 or 07713 323 792 on or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this post is Tuesday 12th December 2017 at 12noon.
Your completed application form and supporting information should be returned to Diane Jamieson via email and not directly to the School.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Principal – Cherry Tingle